Thread: Largest hard drive available for Mac Book Air

Largest hard drive available for Mac Book Air

Hi Friends, I want to know that is there anyone who have upgraded the first generation of the MacBook Air with 80GB or anything else which is bigger than this? I have the 80GB hard drive on my Macbook and that is going out of space. I am thinking to upgrade that to Toshiba 120GB drive (MK1231GAL) I want to ask you people that if that will work on my Macbook Air? Please let me know that of it is possible or not? If yes then which one will be better for me? Any help from anyone will be really appreciative.

PATA interface in Macbook

It looks like that it will work on that but in practice it does not work on that. This appears that the Apple tailored the ZIF pins on their connection and therefore when we insert the 120GB PATA into the first-gen MacBook Air then this pop up some error message with I/O error while zeroing the drive. I don’t think that you can use the current-gen MacBook Air drive because they are the the SATA but the original Macbook make use of uses the PATA interface.

Use external USB stick

You can also use the 32GB or 64GB USB stick with that. This will increase the space for your Macbook. I am using the 64GB USB stick and that is working fine. This will also help you to make the backup of your important files and folder. Instead of doing anything else you should do this and that will increase the storage space for your Macbook.

Contact the Apple Support

I think that you should contact the Apple support for this issue and I am sure that they will provide you the exact solution for this. So far I have not listened about the solution for this but I think that there should be something to do that. Just call them ask them for the same and if you find anything to that then post that over here so that other users who want to do the same then it can help them.