Thread: Macbook Air and Netflix

Macbook Air and Netflix

I using Apple’s MacBookAir from past few months, two days before I have seen that my friend who is having the same MacBookPro with higher conguration is streaming with the Netflix. That same I tried on my machine with every required setting, and then also I am unable to play the Netflix on to my Netflix. I just wanted know that how can I stream Netflix with my MacBookAir. If anyone having knowledge on this then please reply me. Any suggestion will appreciate. Thanks in advance.

I have gone through your question and from that I come know that you think you don’t have the Silverlight install to your machine to stream Netflix. Silverlight made for delivering rich interactive application for the web that includes animations, and videos with the interface. To support the Sliverlight to the your machine here I have given you some configutartion for the
    • Mac OS X 10.5 or later
    • Mac OS 10.4.8+ (PowerPC): Silverlight 1.0 only
    • 800MHz PowerPC G4 processor, 1.83GHz Intel Core Duo processor, or higher
    • Safari 4 (Intel only)
    • Apple Safari 3 or Firefox 2 or higher

Re: Macbook Air and Netflix

You need to have a broadband internet and Netflix account for the streaming the videos on to the Mac. After the subscription you have to get the plug-in called as Silverlight on your MacBookAir to stream with the Netflix. You can visit this http://www.netflix.com/site for the subscription and then for the Silverlight you can visit to the http://www.silverlight.net/ and download this and then start streaming with your MacBookAir.

I was facing the same problem while straming with Netflix then you suggested i tried to download it to my machine using the safari browser. When i went to that site for downloading the application, then i got a message that my browser not having the support for the same then i ignored that and tried to download it again but i was fail to downloading it. Now what setting should i do for that, if any one know then tell me.

I know many of the people get this kind of messages while downloading secure applications. All the setting is related to the firewall you just have to go into the firewall settings then in privacy click on the data and then go to the surf, there is an option for hiding informations about web browser and computer, unchecked the box in front of that option. by doing all this setting you can then able to download any secure application easily. I hope this information may help you, if you are having any other query then please reply me.