Thread: Rev 1 Macbook Air Hard Drive Failure

Rev 1 Macbook Air Hard Drive Failure

I am using the Macbook Air (Rev 1) which is 64 GB in memory and last Sunday the Hard drive failed badly and all the applications got stuck in between. So when i start the macbook air it provides me with a number of the error messages and tells me that the Hard drive has been corrupted and clashed so what is the solution to overcome the issue any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated. Also tell me that there are any other alternative available for these if yes then provide me with that any advice will help to overcome the problem.

Re: Rev 1 Macbook Air Hard Drive Failure

These problem mostly occurs when there is a problem in the Hard drive and the operating system is not working properly so the solution for these is try out the re-installation of the OS. As many a time the OS provides such messages even when the hard drive works fine. So just put in the CD of the Operating system in the Macbook Air and then reinstall the system to overcome the solution by these method.

I have tried to reinstall the operating system in the laptop but the problem is that it does not open up the boot menu and provide me the error message that your hard drive has been corrupted and not able to perform the given task. So, what is the problem and how can i overcome the issue, is the replacement of the Hard drive is the ultimate solution to these issue or ant alternative for these is available or not; any recommendation on the issue will be appreciated to overcome the problem.

If your hard drive is corrupted in the Macbook Air then the replacement of the hard drive is the ultimate solution to these issue.There is no option for the External portable hard drive to be used as a flash memory and you cannot run the OS on these drives in the macbook Air.The apple corporation has made it difficult by providing such kind of the flash memory in the Macbook Air So, you have to go for the replacement of the hard drive which can be done from the apple, the external hard drive is not the solution for that.

Thank for your advice and now i want to replace the Hard drive and wanted to buy a hard drive which will be greater in the space might be 120 GB. The greater space will help me as i already contacted the apple and they said that my Macbook Air warranty has been 4expired so i have to buy another hard drive so i decided to buy a 120 GB hard drive. Any suggestion on the source of the purchase will help to great extend to buy, i want a original hard drive as many of my friends told me that there are duplicates available in the market.

This hard Drive utilizes zif-type connector. This drive is an original from the Apple Corporation and Works only in MacBook Airs and it does not include hard drive cable. This drive works merely in Original MacBook Airs. Newer versions of the MacBook Air utilize a diverse connector design and are therefore incompatible. You can order these from the apple website and the 120 GB Hard drive will be available at the price of the $250 and if you get the hard drive at the price less then these so there is a problem in the hard drive for sure as these rates are provided from the apple. So, you can buy the hard drive according to your requirements it may be 120 GB or 160 GB or a 256 GB as per your choice and requirements.