Thread: Want to buy Hard Drive for Macbook Air

Want to buy Hard Drive for Macbook Air

I am using the Macbook pro from a long period of time and recently purchase a new Macbook Air from the app store and the performance of the macbook Air is quite good but the problem with that is of the hard drive. The space provided in the Macbook Air is too low according to my standard as i am a Computer Science student and needed more space. Is there any way to upgrade the space provided in the Macbook Air which is only 64 GB in my case which creates a number of the memory hazard for me and why they have given so less space on the disk?

re: Want to buy Hard Drive for Macbook Air

As far now there is no support and the up gradation provided by the apple corporation for the Macbook air. The Macbook Air has a range starting from 64 GB, 128 GB, 256 GB which is a flash memory in the laptop but the problem is that it does not provide support to the external portable disk. If you want to increase the portable support then you can attach a portable disk to it which provides the support for that.So, there are a number of the external devices such as the sony, Toshiba, Samsung etc. for these purpose.

I tried to connect the external portable hard drive that i had with the Macbook Air that is the Toshiba 120GB drive (MK1231GAL) but after thew connection it provides a error that is the I/O error on the screen and the connection with the Macbook air is not established any more.So, what is the problem with the external portable disk and how can i overcome the problem any suggestion will be recommended to resolve the issue and tell me with which portable hard drive it will work.

The Toshiba 120GB drive (MK1231GAL) hard disk that you have mentioned above works very well in the Macbook Air as i have tried it on my Macbook Air. If that is not working on your Macbook Air then there is some problem in the Portable hard drive that you are trying to attach it with the Macbook, there are chances that the cable of the external drive will be damaged. So, please check the connection then try to connect it with the Macbook air, it might work these time if then too the problem exists so contact the customer care assistance for further help and support to Toshiba.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

The solution that you have provided is not working in my macbook air but the same works in the other laptops and the iMac that i have at home. The Toshiba 120GB drive (MK1231GAL) disk is proper as it works in my iMac and the other laptops i had. So, what is the problem with the Macbook Air that i am trying to connect with the Toshiba 120GB drive (MK1231GAL) hard drive. Is there a problem in the socket that is used for the connection or Macbook Air does not provide support to the Toshiba 120GB drive (MK1231GAL), please provide me the appropriate solution to resolve the issue any advice will help.

As you have stated above that the Toshiba 120GB drive (MK1231GAL) is working properly then there is a problem in the Macbook Air, if it not able to detect the hard drive of Toshiba and the Toshiba 120GB drive (MK1231GAL) is working in other laptops and PC's then there may be a problem of the hardware in the laptop. So to overcome these issue you have to contact the customer care assistance if the apple to fix the issue if the Macbook Air is in the warranty period otherwise you can visit the service center for further help and support of the apple.