Thread: Current generation macbook air SSDs

Current generation macbook air SSDs

I am using a Macbook Air and i want to buy a SSD may be of 250 Gb. So i want some suggestions from you guys about best SSD of such space to use on my Macbook Air. So can you guys start recommendations about the SSDs to use it on my macbook. By the way what would be disadvantages to use such a big SSD with macbook?

re: Current generation macbook air SSDs

Even I am using the MacBook Air. I don't suggest you have a 250Gb or more SSD since possibly you won't locate drivers and if you find it then possibly the system could be unnatural (kernel panics, bad performance, slow). So it would be better to buy an external HD as they would be very small and without power adapter.

Range of ultra-thin notebooks, MacBook Air, Apple has opted for solid state drives, flash memory, thinner and more energy efficient than disk hard "classic", like his recent iPad tablet. But when it comes to extend the space capacity of your macbook then i would recommend you to buy an external hard disk only as to manage them is very much easy. Though you might be thinking to follow the principle of an Apple but they have provided the ssd capacity as per the hardware of your macbook. Now extending it would be better to use Hard drive as it would be working just as a pen drive of 2 gb. But the space that you can get could be more then 250 Gb as well.

The first version of the MacBook Air works with a hard drive 4200 towers with a parallel interface unlike SSDs with a SATA interface. Moreover, it is very difficult to find 1.8-inch SSD. They are almost all in the 2.5-inch. So to move to SSD, you will have to buy the new Apple MacBook Air SSD. It comes with a disk of 128 MB and should certainly provide performance equivalent or superior to the best hard drives 7200 rpm. I think it's a dream machine 1.3 kg, easy to carry in a bag and with impressive performance ... a real little macbook pro!

A little over two years ago, Apple MacBook Air is the first generation before that. At the time of the initial price was already at 1699 €, 999 € are due when SSD installed should be one. Meanwhile, both the price of the Apple MacBook Air and the SSD adjusted. From 1399 € is one of the cheapest MacBook Air while the model with a faster processor and SSD will cost 1699 euros. But a drawback for owners of the MacBook Air is the first generation: the HDD or SSD has a ZIF connector, not a very common standard with a size of 1.8 inches. Although our price comparison lists some suitable models, but can not address this MacBook Air will be of. As the only SSD manufacturer can currently deliver appropriate hardware Photofast. In this article we want both the conversion, but also the performance closer look at it.

The ZIF connector is actually a special form of ATA standards. This has 40 pins, but unlike the previous ATA connector for desktop hard drives very flat. The problem is the ZIF socket when it comes to SSD to find the right one. Here then is Fast Photo into play. Already in the fourth generation of providing Asian manufacturers SSDs, which are also suitable for the MacBook Air. They have MLC, ie multi-level cell memory cells that can store more than one bit per cell. Storing multiple bits per memory cell, however, has one drawback: Reading and writing speed is reduced and a failure of the cell is the bit error rate significantly compared to increased SLC. Photo Fast specifies a maximum read speed of 128 MB per second for writing data to it should be 90 MB per second. To the performance is to keep the same high level, have the G-Monster V4 Photo Fast SSDs have a 64 MB of SDRAM memory and a garbage collector for the consolidation of the memory blocks.

With a Solid State Drive (SSD), you can use your MacBook Air without increasing noise level and with faster access to your data at low energy. Now you can upgrade your notebook with GRAVIS. For this purpose, building the technology center into your MacBook Air with a 128 GB SSD, transferred all your data and build your existing drive into a USB enclosure. Use the GRAVIS offer by the MacBook Air just next GRAVIS Store and make the upgrade charge there. The GRAVIS Store leads the MacBook Air then GRAVIS TechnikCenter further, where the conversion takes place. After a few days, you can use your MacBook Air has been upgraded again in GRAVIS Store pick up.