Thread: MacBook Air USB stopped working

MacBook Air USB stopped working

I think I really have some serious issue with the MacBook Air or I would say I am having issues with each and every product from the Apple. I was having the Superdrive and the thing is that it has already engulfed one of my important CD of the Software. Now I do not think that there is anything that can help me get back the CD. Well luckily I had the backup and I was really fortunate. Well that was the case with the Superdrive now the problem with the USB has also started to rise. I am really finding it difficult to cope up with. My MacBook Air is not recognizing anything that is connected to the USB slot, what is the problem, this has happened just and hence I am little worried, any suggestions on this.

Re: MacBook Air USB stopped working

Really sorry for the superdrive of yours well if you want to have something else like the alternative for the superdrive then I think you can have a look at this thread and see if you can find s omething helpful and really replaceable for your thing. Here is the link and see if that is useful: MacBook Air: Superdrive issues any recommendation for External Bluray. Regarding the USB slot I think that a simple restart will for sure will help you in coming out of the issue.

I have also having the same problem with the MacBook Air of mine and I was also worried at that same time. I however thought that it was a minor issue and it really was. I just restarted the system again and the things went smoothly for me. Well that was the first and the last time that I encountered with the same issue of yours. Well if that is the same with you and you have encountered it for the first time then just restart the system and see if that solves the issue.

Well you have not answered yet and hence I think that the above suggestions did not help you to find the solution so I think that the issue is somewhat bigger and you will have to get the latest drivers for the notebook. I think that the latest drivers for the same can help you with the problem. You can get the latest and the updated drivers from the official site of the Apple, just see the following URL and I am sure that it will help you to fetch the proper drivers for the same. www.apple.com just try the drivers and let me know if that works.

I think what Cruzz has suggested is of really significant. It will be fantastic if you can get the drivers. If at all you do not have the updated drivers then I think that the drivers that are there on the official site can also help you with your problem. Just download it and then burn it on the CD and see if that can bring the change. I have noticed a lot of issue with the Apple these days and hence I would suggest you to try the drivers that are there on the site. While downloading please take care that you download the proper version of the software.

A clean installation of the drivers and the software’s can really help with your problem. At first uninstall the drivers and then delete each and every single file that has a copy of that file. Once the older or say the previous version is completely removed from the system then you can proceed with the fresh installation of the drivers and the software. I am sure that the fresh installation will really help you.

If at all the problem are getting that bigger then I think that the REINSTALLATION of the OS along with the drivers can help you get out of the problem. Please make sure that you have the backup of all the data before proceeding with the Format, once you format then Reinstall the OS, and then after that just install the drivers from the official site that was suggested by the Cruzz and Antonio1. I think that the drivers that you have with you are of not that caliber I think that they must have got corrupted and hence the newer version of the drivers for sure can do business here.

I do not think that you will have to do all that stuffs. I was waiting for one of my friends reply, he was having the same issue and I wanted to know how he managed to get rid of that. He was also having the exact problem and he told that he did number of things; he started the system in the safe mode he also tried setting the PMU that he received from the internet. However he managed to get the thing work only after he managed to reset the SMC (System management Controller). However he told at last that he got this solution from the Apple Tech Support and this time so far I think that this is the only solution that Apple was able to give us. Try this and say if that really helped. Do post if the things worked.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's