Thread: USB port died on my Macbook Air

USB port died on my Macbook Air

Hi,
    I have a Macbook air for doing my official work. The problem lies with my USB port. Since 6 months have passed and the USB port on my Air is dead. Due to this reason i am not able to transfer any data from my Macbook air. I am also having problem with the working of the mouse and even my Super drive is not recognized. i am not able to find out the problem, so i am looking for a solution. Can anyone help me out in this problem? I need you help on this issue. I will be waiting for your reply.

Replace the USB port with new one.

Before three months i was also facing the similar problem on my Macbook Air. Even my port was dead; i had tried any solution to fix the problem, but was not able to do so. Then i made the contact support center. The apple service center replaced my port with the new port. They had not charged money from me as it was in the warranty period. So even you contact to them and get your port replaced as even your machine is in the warranty period. I hope that you have got the required answer.

My USB port is not recognizing anything

Even i am getting the same problem on my Macbook Pro. My USB port is not recognizing anything from the last 2 week. This thing started happening when i inserted a pen drive in the port. I don't know that what has gone wrong with the port. Is there anyone who knows to solve this problem? Due to this problem my lot of work is being kept pending. I want to solve this problem as early as i can, so please provide me the solution as early as possible. Thanks.

Reset the SMC

I feel that if you will try this out, then it will solve your problem. You can reset the SMC for fixing the problem. You need to do the following try.
    1. First completely turn off the power adapter
    2. Then you need to connect the power adapter to your power adapter
    3. Now Press the LEFT Shift + Control Key on the keyboard and also the power once and then release it.
    4. You need to wait for approximately 6 sec and then need to press the power button

I think that doing this will help you out.

Resetting the SMC solved my problem

Thanks for the reply you gave to me. I have tried resetting the SMC and doing this has helped me out. After doing that now i am again able to use my USB port and it is working well. I solution has helped me in solving my issue. I will now advices even other to try this solution, if they are getting any problem related with this issue. I am pretty much happy now as my problem is being solved. So thanks once again.
    Last edited by Chang2; 25-10-2010 at 01:09 PM.