Thread: How to run windows applications on MacBookAir

How to run windows applications on MacBookAir

I am using the MacBookAir apple laptop with the Mac OS operating system for all my work but I am facing issues while using software’s which are windows based I want to submit my college assignments as soon as possible and all my project are windows based. I don’t know how to run windows software on the MAC OS. If anyone having solution on this then please reply me. Any suggestion will appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to run windows applications on MacBookAir

There is a tool named Parallel 6 desktop specially use for the Mac OS to run the windows based software’s and applications. You can download this tool to your machine and can easily run the applications which are windows based. I am also using the same tool on my machine. Parallel6 tool is smart and very powerful way to run the windows application on Mac. You can run Mac OS X and windows applications side by side without any interrupt.

I have search through your question and I have found an application called Boot Camp from the Apple, which use to run Microsoft windows on the Mac OS. When you want to run the windows based application on your machine then you have to reboot it and then you can switch to the windows based applications, that is you have to switch back and forth. This is located in you in Applications/Utilities. make sure that you have installed the Mac drivers for windows. To run the windows on your machine hold down the option key to open the Boot Camp, you will get options for boot in mac or windows and then select which you want. I hope this information may help you.

An application VMware fusion is use to run the window on the MAC but it is not a free utility, you have to buy this and have to install it to your machine. This application is having an advantage that you don’t need to reboot your machine to run the windows operating system. When you want to run any window based software and applications you just need to run the fusion and can start using the applications. If you are having any other query then please reply me.

I have been using the CrossOver tool to run the windows applications on my MAC OS. It looks like windows application run completely on the Mac. If you want to use the any of the windows application then you have to load CrossOver and then install that application then start the application without loading the windows. This application can support many of the windows application. And also for the playing the small number of older games you can use CrossOver games.

Re: How to run windows applications on MacBookAir

Here is tool that use to run the windows applications on the Mac operating system. The VirtualBox is multiplatform with dual-boot technology, using this you can live temporary in windows words. It is free and open source tool; the main advantage of this tool is, you can use the separate OS X with in another OS X. Many of the other operating system like Linux, Open Solaris, and DOS are also supported by Virtual Box.