Thread: My Book Air screen went black

My Book Air screen went black

Yesterday, I found some problem with my MacBook Air. I was doing some office work on that and then suddenly the whole screen becomes black and I was not able to see anything on that. The only visible thing on the screen was the mouse pointer and was movable. After that I closed the computer and pressed few keys and I found that the pointer turn out to be the revolving multicolor circle and from then it stayed in that state only. Please guys help me to solve this. If you have any idea or any suggestion for this then please post it over here. This will be very helpful for me. Thank you very much in advance.

Re: My Book Air screen went black

Have you tried by turning it off? Just hold down the power button for one or more minutes and this will shut your machine down. Again start your macbook and I hope this time it will start with the normal screen. Most of the time for the issues like this restarting solves the problems. You should also give it a try and this may resolve the problem for you.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Restarting the macbook is very common thing to do. I don’t think that anyone will look for the advice to do that. This is the first thins that even a kid will try to fix this. If this issue remains after restarting then according to me the problem is with the display driver. Install the latest display driver in your computer and see whether it solves the problem or not? I hope that it will solve the problem for your macbook.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Overheating may be the also the reason that your screen goes black. Have you checked the temperature when it goes black. Overheating is one of the possible reason that the screen goes black. You can use the cooling system to solve the problem for your macbook to reduce the temperature of the system. It may solve the problem. You can also try to connect it with some external monitor to see whether it is working on that or not.

Do you have any antivirus program installed on your macbook or not? I am asking this because this may be caused by the virus attack on your computer. If you don’t have any antivirus on your system then it is recommended that you have to install the antivirus on the system. If you have already installed that then you have to make sure that the database for the antivirus is up to date. After that scan the entire system with that antivirus and if you find any virus or corrupted file then clean that file or you can delete that if that is no longer needed to you. Good Luck!!!