Thread: Add Thunderbird contacts to iPhone

Nuronex Guest

Add Thunderbird contacts to iPhone

I have a iPhone 3G mobile phone and there are some contact on Mozilla Thunderbird. The thing I want to know is that add the contact or transfer the same to Iphone from Thunderbird to my iPhone. I do not know what could have been done so please suggest me a solution so that I can transfer the contact to the device. Hope there will a better solution and you may provide me out for the same. Please suggest.

Re: Add Thunderbird contacts to iPhone

I would suggest you out and get the aspect to be worked. There is a alternative way through which you can make the changes be performed. You can transfer the contacts to Windows Contacts from Thunderbird and then from Windows Contacts you can transfer it to the iPhone. For this some exporting for the file should be done which will then send the contacts from Thunderbird to Windows contacts. As Windows Contacts has the support for the iPhone and can be transferred well without a problem. So check out and make it work. Hope this work.

The easiest and simple way is by functioning to transfer the contact by performing an export from Thunder bird and then an import from Windows Contacts. This will be a better and helpful way for transferring the contacts. Also for implementing the same you have to check the import option with the Windows Contacts which will be mentioned as it should be able to support the importing a plain text file such as CSV or importing Vcards. Also the thunderbird should be able to export the contacts as as CSV file or as vCArds which is very common. Do perform with the aspect which is mentioned I hope you may then be able to get to a better and desired conclusion which will be helpful and worth.

There is a way through which you can make the essential changes to be worked. All you need to do is to check out by setting up a free Funambol account. As this is been done you have get the Funambol add-on for Thunderbird. You can get the same by clicking on the link that is provided. Now all you need to do is to Use the T-Bird add-on to sync to your Funambol account. Then go to iTunes and download the iphone app for Funambol. Now get the application and instal it to your iPhone. As this is been done you have to make iPhone app to sync your Funambol account with your iPhone's contact list. Finally you have set up iTunes to sync your iPhone with Windows Address Book when you sync your iPhone with iTunes. Now the lfow for the same goes as Thunderbird, to Funambol, to iPhone, to Outlook Express. You can use the .wab file exported from Windows Express to import contacts to Outlook 2003 or 2007. Check out. I hope this is the best way through which you can make the same to process.