Thread: apple iphone proximity sensor not working even after upgrading it with mac os 4.1

apple iphone proximity sensor not working even after upgrading it with mac os 4.1

I am currently using apple iphone 3GS... I did not have any problem regarding any of its functions or any of its software nor any hardware issues.. But from past 5-6 days i am having some problem with the proximity sensor which is installed in the iphone.. Whenever i try to talk to my colleagues or any friend the light just stays on .. As this means that the proximity sensor is not functioning properly.. I tried upgrading the software to mac OS 4.1 but still the problem is not solved.. I dont know what should i do now... Can you please suggest some solutions over this, as this is draining my battery... Please suggest some useful tips that i can use for solving my problem...
    Thanks in advance...

Re: apple iphone proximity sensor not working even after upgrading it with mac os 4.1

The proximity sensor problem in the iphone is caused by using certain cases or by using some screen protectors on the cellphone.. I had the same problem with my iphone when i used a privacy/anti glare screen... But when i took the privacy screen off, and tried for making a call i had no issue with the phone... After that i put on an anti glare screen which i had with me and again, no issue with the phone. So if you are using a thick privacy screen or say a weird case for your mobile phone then it blocks the sensor in a certain way, and because of that you are facing such problems... I hope this information helps you to solve your problem...

Re: apple iphone proximity sensor not working even after upgrading it with mac os 4.1

I think the problem is with the software which is been installed in your phone... Look out for some software update in your iphone.. Because of some corrupted file it is giving the proximity sensor failure... So i suggest that you should just check for the software updation in your mobile phone so that if their are any problem related to the software, then it will be solved.. I think should go to the apple service center for a genuine piece of software and then check again whether it is working or not... Hope your problem will be solved...

I personally think that the problem is not with your iphone but with your screen guard or the screen cover or the mobile case you use for covering the mobile phones.. When you use a mobile case cover the proximity sensor automatically gets covered by the cover and when the sensor is covered by some object it stops functioning.. So once you remove the cover or the mobile case from your mobile then check whether it is working or not... But i am 100% sure that if you remove the mobile cover then you will have your problem solved...

I am using my 3rd Iphone 4. Nothing helps for fixing the proximity sensor problem, other than you don't hold the phone anywhere near your face or very close to your face.. Unless and until you hold it properly it is not going to work properly... What i think is, they have integrated the sensor too close to something else that disturbs its sensitivity.. But i think that they are having some problem with the sensor.. Too much stuff is packed into a small device, so its quite natural it will create some problem... But when i consider the new BlackBerry Torch mobile phone which I think is a really excellent platform. Finally BlackBerry is starting to get something right...