Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nokia 2690 Memory card password lost

Nokia 2690 Memory card password lost

I bought new Nokia 2690 last month and after that it started showing some problems and becomes very slow. They have given be the warranty for 1 year so I sent it back to Nokia and they replaced that with another one. Problem is that, now when I inserted my 2 GB memory card then it is asking for the password. This is very strange because I have never set the password for that in my last piece. Please tell me if there is any way to knock out this password from my card or have to buy a new one? Also tell me if there is any software available on internet to unlock the memory card. I am using memory card from SanDisk. Thank you.

Re: Nokia 2690 Memory card password lost

Do you have file Explorer installed on your mobile? If the answer is yes then you can follow the following steps to fix that and if you don’t have that then you should search for this on internet and you will easily find that software. Download and install that on your mobile and go through the steps below.
    1. Open the File Explorer which should be installed in your phone memory.
    2. Open the c: drive from FExplorer.
    3. You will be able to see a file called 'mmcstore'
    4. Rename that file to 'mmcstore.txt'.
    5. Now this file will be open in notepad.
    6. You will find your password which is written on the notepad file.

This worked for me when I was trying to solve the same isuue.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

This may be problem with the memory card that you are using. It may be corrupted. You can check for that very easily. Just insert your memory card in some other mobile and see whether it asks for the password there also or not? If that does not ask for the password there then the problem is with your mobile. Just call the Nokia Service Center again and see whether they are able to solve the issue? They will probably provide you the default password that you have to enter to get access to your memory card. Good Luck!!!
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hey, I was also having the similar problem with the memory card in my Nokia 6120c. I was not able to access the card because every time it was asking for the password. This happens to me when I restored my mobile phone to the original Nokia setting. One of my friends who is expert in mobiles given the solution and I did that accordingly. I connected my mobile to the computer via Nokia PC Suit and then I entered the last six digits of my mobile number and this unlocks the phone.

You should also try this and if you don’t have the PC suit then you can download it from internet for your phone and install that in your mobile. Thank you.

I am not sure that this is going to work or not but you can try this and see what happens. Try 12345 as the password and press OK. This is the default password for all the nokia phone models to reset or format the mobile. If that also does not work then you can try to enter the last 6 digits of your mobile number and see whether it works or not. But remember that it may allow only the limited number of invalid attempts and if you cross that then it will block the memory card permanently and you will have to buy a new one.

According to me your phone is not reset properly and that is why it is asking for password. Normally it should not ask for such problems. You should do the reset in the way which I am going to tell you. This will restore the file which has the extension .ini. This reset will not erase any data like photos, videos, documents or any other applications that are in your memory card. Just type the code *#7780# from your mobile keypad and it will start resetting the phone. After the completion it will restart the mobile and I hope this time you will not be asked for the password.

where i can get tht software..........for nokia 2690
    Last edited by ishaan saluja 969199; 17-12-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon-Z View Post
    Do you have file Explorer installed on your mobile? If the answer is yes then you can follow the following steps to fix that and if you don’t have that then you should search for this on internet and you will easily find that software. Download and install that on your mobile and go through the steps below.
    1. Open the File Explorer which should be installed in your phone memory.
    2. Open the c: drive from FExplorer.
    3. You will be able to see a file called 'mmcstore'
    4. Rename that file to 'mmcstore.txt'.
    5. Now this file will be open in notepad.
    6. You will find your password which is written on the notepad file.

This worked for me when I was trying to solve the same isuue.
    hey bon-z can u plzzzzzzzz help me to get this software for nokia 2690?????

I have forgotten my Memory card Password. and also downloaded File Explorer.

And open it c drive but i can not see any file like mmcstore' so plz tell us and solved it.

Quote Originally Posted by goyal.prince92 View Post
    I have forgotten my Memory card Password. and also downloaded File Explorer.

And open it c drive but i can not see any file like mmcstore' so plz tell us and solved it.
    Mmcstore is not a file but a folder in the "System" folder that you need to go to. Try to rename that to mmcstore.txt and copy that to mmcstore.txt to your pc and open that file in notepad. Now open that mmcstore.txt on your pc and your password will be there itself in the same text file. Use the same password for unlocking the memory card.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

my memory card is locked automatically and when i connect it with computer it is not supporting...now how to install file explorer...plz help me out in solving this problem

Quote Originally Posted by richa2007 View Post
    my memory card is locked automatically and when i connect it with computer it is not supporting...now how to install file explorer...plz help me out in solving this problem
    What is the make or model no. of the mobile phone that you have and also of the memory card? I would suggest you to buy a memory card reader and connect it to the pc and then format the memory card by right clicking on it and choosing to format. This way the memory card will be unlocked and can be used once again in your mobile phone.

I want fexplorer english for my nokia6120c whch can able to instal

Quote Originally Posted by bon-Z View Post
    Mmcstore is not a file but a folder in the "System" folder that you need to go to. Try to rename that to mmcstore.txt and copy that to mmcstore.txt to your pc and open that file in notepad. Now open that mmcstore.txt on your pc and your password will be there itself in the same text file. Use the same password for unlocking the memory card.
    can you please tell the adrress to find the software

idea Re: Nokia 2690 Memory card password lost

please tell me how to download fexplorer
    tell me his path/site
    please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast