Thread: Intel or OCZ SSD? which should I get?

Intel or OCZ SSD? which should I get?

I am responsibility for an innovative build and desire to be familiar by means of which one to decide. I remember observing somewhere by means of the intention of Intel determine to release the innovative G3 SSDs later this year, and it determine to be cheaper compared to the contemporary G2s. I am in the market of an additional SSD at present so I desire to observe if it's worth it to wait for the G3 or not. I am not hoping for huge presentation increase for the G3s, additional than perhaps they determine to drop the price a diminutive bit for the larger drives. I need some suggestion here.

Re: Intel or OCZ SSD? which should I get?

You would get the shell shocker. The 40GB vs 30GB Intels have comprised superior random have right of entry, I consider it's next to OCN's rules to present Rep+ for several reason. Those are together pleasant, not going to be a huge dissimilarity in performance (unless the real world is dissimilar commencing the specs) additional than you might desire to give the impression of being at the ocz agility 60gb, 60gb so you be able to have comprised windows and a bunch of games on it, I am presently saying with the intention of one for the reason that I was researching and that’s the one I have been considering.

Dangerously even though, I believe you be supposed to get the Intel drive. They together sustain or maintain TRIM additional than you determine to get a diminutive additional space by means of the Intel SSD and superior 4k random writes (I imagine). If you plan on utilizing an OS additional than Windows 7, I would suggest the OCZ SSD in view of the fact with the intention of it has a unique garbage compilation algorithm. Is the silver Intel SSD's the gen 2 and are they tranquil the top of the procession in performance @ several size.

I desire to get a SSD for my laptop, which I first and foremost utilize for school and stock trades, so I do not necessitate a large SSD. My desktops have encompassed a 60GB OCZ Agility in it at present, which I am planning on improvement to an larger Intel one afterward this year. Category of have 2 alternative at present, Get a G2 80GB at present, position it in desktop, then situate the 60GB OCZ Agility into my laptop, and forget regarding the G3. 2. Get an X25-V 40GB currently, place it in my laptop, and get a larger Intel one for the desktop presently this year. Do you imagine I be supposed to get the G2 80GB at present and forget regarding the G3, or get a cheaper X25-V for at present and purchase a large G3 when they come out.

Remember with the intention of there is going to be diminutive improvement in the method your system essentially feels to utilize connecting a G2 and a G3 in the similar method several system working with a non-stuttering SSD feels attractive much the similar as working with several supplementary system running a non-stuttering SSD. On one occasion you go down to sub 1ms have right of entry times and have read speeds in excess of ~100MB/s it actually does not create much dissimilarity to your user experience on the other hand much faster you go. Essentially, if you necessitate an SSD at present and you have the money, you be supposed to purchase one. Things determine to always get cheaper if you wait 6 months, additional than the dissimilarity in speed determine to not be night and day similar to they are when you from mechanical disks to SSDs. I extremely much doubt you determine to be capable to tell the dissimilarity between several of Intel's SSD line up in a blind test.

I imagine together of the drives determine to execute attractive comparable, I have not seen the presentation of X25M yet additional than commencing what I have comprised and read regarding it this be supposed to be the case. So IMHO the Vertex is perhaps the superior choice in view of the fact that it offers more capacity at the same or lower price. I have also read some information about the Intel X25M and I have read by means of the intention of it has a tribulations by means of speed reduction subsequent to it has been used for a at the same time as Vertex is faster in a number of areas and Intel is more rapidly in supplementary. I have comprised and read the reports on the Intel X25-M writing presentation sluggish down subsequent to the drive has been used for a at the same time as. I do not have an Intel drive so I not be able to comment how horrific this is in "real world use". I have not noticed several slowdown in the OCZ Vertex, additional than the entire SSD drives determine to sluggish down a diminutive when they are used. Ordinary spinning hard drives sluggish down as well, until you defrag them.