Thread: Running the Sims 3 on a White MacBook

Running the Sims 3 on a White MacBook

The trial version of World of Warcraft, for example, ran very smoothly, never wiggled and was loading times actually hardly mentioned. If Sims 3 looks like this or perhaps n little goes better then my already perfect. It's about my gameplay, not graphics. If around the graphic is, then I turn on my PS3 and play GTA 4 and GT 5 Prologue. However it, I ordered now and just hope it runs. What you guys think? Also provide some information about this game, so that I get some help while playing it. Hoping that someone hanging out there will help me soon.

Re: Running the Sims 3 on a White MacBook

Thus cached to make up to the MacBook unibody Sims3 runs smoothly and with Snow Leopard even better. Have just been on my Unibody 2.4GHz 2GB Ram and the GF 9600M GT 256 MB Sims 3 installed and started. Even on medium settings this game is lagging so extreme that it no longer is beautiful ... Is this due to the graphics card, or maybe I should upgrade the RAM but even at 4 GB? Here are times the minimum requirements, the game requires that:
    • An Intel dual-core processor,
    • 2048 MB RAM,
    • Mac OS X 10.5.7,
    • 6.1 GB hard disk space and
    • a graphics card with 128 MB VRAM ahead -> Radeon X1600 or GeForce 7300 GT or better.

The developers do again, like Sims 2, a further layer to buyers win. High-end hardware requirements would therefore be bad for sales, so Sims3 computers running smoothly is also older. With your Core2Duo 2.4 GHz and the Nvidia 320M there is nothing wrong. Even the 256 MB VRAM will be sufficient if you do not necessarily take the highest settings anywhere. Without too much jerk not sure. You need a sound in any laptop graphics solution, the internal Intel can not solve. To do this you need a good graphics processor from ATI (Radeon) or Nvidia (Geforce). Thus, there are 15" MacBooks with GeForce GT 330M graphics. And certainly others.

Without too much jerk not sure. You need a sound in any laptop graphics solution, the internal Intel can not solve. To do this you need a good graphics processor from ATI (Radeon) or Nvidia (Geforce). Thus, there are 15" MacBooks with GeForce GT 330M graphics. And certainly others.
    NO Macbook Pro 13" has an integrated Intel Video Card. The all start with a GeForce 320M. Where do you get this false information and are presenting it here as a given truth? The following are some technical data for the 13" model, NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with foremost memory 5 extended desktop and video mirroring: Concurrently supports full local resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 x 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors. AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi wireless networking 2 (based on the draft IEEE 802.11n standard) is compatible with IEEE 802.11a/b/g. Integrated full-size, illuminated keyboard with 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (upturned "T" arrangement). Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control supports vibrant scrolling, a smidgen, rotate, swipe, three and four fingers, tap, double tap and drag feature.

The interesting news for users of Apple is that the game will be available for both Mac and iPhone. This contrasts with the new ad released earlier, release date for Sims 3. We hope there are no further delays, because the innovations that would introduce the new chapter (including the ability to change anything, a new management of the personality of the characters and developed a simulation of the neighborhood) seem interesting. A little surprise is the fact that this would be for EA's first game for Mac not designed with the team contribution of Aspyr Media, who had contributed to the porting of the previous Mac games available. But frankly speaking, I do not think that Snow Leopard will not support the sims 3 certainly if there were any compatibility issues (which is unlikely given that Snow Leopard does not make such radical changes to the OS) the EA safe release a patch.

Electronic Arts has released the third part of The Sims again as a hybrid version for Windows and Macs. Basically, EA is to be welcomed as a pioneer - a major publisher that now many of its titles for the Mac released, although unfortunately not natively. From Cologne Macnotes was sent a review copy, which of course we have closely examined. All beginnings are difficult, they say. At the same time but at a consumer product is not as important as the first impression it leaves. If a book the reader can not bind from the beginning, only a few have the patience to read it until the end. Of course the situation with computer games a little different, but still ...

The installation of The Sims 3 on our test machine - a Mac Pro with Radeon 4870 and 8 processor cores - is relatively unspectacular, as OS X is very frequent. A Spartan window in which one takes either the app in its Applications folder, or as in this case, a double-sufficient. installation, the closed application initialized from which you can also start The Sims 3 after or in the shop but additional content for the game , shopping, and other things can do. After installation is complete, the reference was to the control with the right mouse button, the game uses explicitly. Note were read in the readme, which you can read in the same connection. But back to the app. It charges only once a few updates down - relatively quickly is that of Amsterdam, faster than the same procedure in the Windows installation. When it is finished, the app disappears from the screen. There is no further confirmation. We need to start the game so again by hand, unlike with Windows. Awkward, somehow.

In the readme I found the mention that the game would start at the first check the hardware configuration of the computer and then selects the optimal settings. A promise that has not been met, at least in our case. After welcoming the 16:10 am low-resolution screen in 4:3 format, together with black stripes on the left and right margins. In the options of the simulation must therefore downstream holf by hand. Given the available computing power I go to the stops, and ... See there, an indication that the substantial change in the graphics settings runs better after a restart of the program to appear as it could otherwise lead to problems. So again get out and in again. A little humorous names of families who have settled in a town called Sunset Valley, serve, among other information, to the situation before the first time to discuss games. And then I see it: The game graphics on the highest level, according to the settings. A little disappointed I'm sure. Despite 1920 * 1200 resolution, the graphics look fairly. The performance is also, in spite of potent Mac Pros background, modest. This is not least because the Mac version will be fired with Cider from Trans-gaming and just not a native OS X application. Are slightly favored on Mac computers that are powered by Nvidia graphics cards because they come to popular opinion, better cope with OpenGL. Compared to the Windows version of The Sims 3 on the Mac does, however, first, from a little worse and is starting a degree to play less smoothly.

After the first visual impressions are recorded, it is still not go to the games, but scraping the barrel. We must work with the character editor, probably a heart of The Sims 3 and all previous parts. It takes a while, and we have limited choices from the start - who is buying will be king - the result of a Sim sees me sufficiently similar. Similar as its counterpart in the iPhone version . I can cook and also kiss, at least my Sim can. Everything else I can judge bad self. The Sims 3, if the technical compromises compared to the Windows version takes into account, the most comprehensive simulation, which offers many options. I can not and must find some point Abeit to survive. This, however, it does not behave just like in real life. Alternative life styles, for example, by squatters, the unemployed or even beggars do not take into account in the design life of The Sims. Apart from this, various careers will go through as a player and I am obliged my very challenging maintain and cherish. The Sim cherishes desires, has moods and needs. All of them are mutually connected and accordingly I have to carefully deal with him or her. I set the game speed, set up in a building mode my typical American home and so my consumption thirst. Or I will extend my personal skills in various ways. Read books to recipes, cooking classes occupy or engage themselves a job in the kitchen ... - Each ability has a total of 10 stages of expansion, and the highest of which is achieved perhaps only in old age, simply because experience is sometimes not to replace it.

If I had the choice, I would resort to the Windows version. Apple users have a choice, because you three as a hybrid version of The Sims can buy commercially. With Boot Camp and a parallel Windows installation is the game a little smarter and faster to do something on Windows. In general this is not the simulation on Power Macs, and operates according to the manufacturer not with the onboard Intel GMA 950 graphics solution But even with the GMA 3-Series will work there. The title is certainly interesting for many many hours of play. Nevertheless, one must be a total disappointment when the overworked compared to other simulations. What Ubisoft is such as one with Anno 1404 graphically capable of and how old-fashioned, however, the engine has Electronic Arts title - too bad. The game play is given anyway, why EA has developed with The Sims over the years a large following worldwide. Because of the technical disadvantages compared to the Windows version of The Sims 3 for Mac gets to me, however, only 3.5 out of 5 Macs.