Thread: Prevent Denting of Macbook Pro

Prevent Denting of Macbook Pro

There are lots of threads which I read that shows that the macbook pro design has a flaw. The flaw is related to the denting issue of the laptop model. As it is very thin there is always a risk of denting this system. What happens in a known case in my office a guy has accidentally dropped some heavy box on the system. It dented from the center creating a scratch on the screen. Now it working but the system is really useless. It took a quiet a great amount to fix the same. Now I am looking for some preventive measure which can guide me to avoid dents on such system. Right now I am using a clients machine which is a Macbook pro. It is easy to handle but I really feel risky carrying it with me. I can be affected while traveling or while accidentally placing it anywhere.

Re: Pevent Denting of Macbook Pro

Yes there are various measure to prevent this out. The first thing is to use a hard case cover. There are various plastic covers which comes for the laptop and you can buy the same at any particular shop. You can buy a good plastic cover for that which must have a ability to bear a good amount of shock. It is possible that sometime you might bang the laptop to some thing or accidentally drop it. This are very common issue and in consideration to that Apple has designed the laptop. The laptop there is quiet strong the bear the shock. Mostly if there is extreme pressure on the system then it gets tented. And it is not cover under warranty.

It is proper to use a cover for that and using the laptop very safely. I had dropped my 13" macbook and that has caused be quiet a good amount to fix the back. There was a bend on the up panel and the service center people told that this is not covered under warranty. If you had accidentally harmed the system then you have to pay the fixing charges or else use it as it is. I managed to pay my sum and get the laptop repair. As it was not mine so I cannot keep the same thing unimpaired. I will recommend you use it safely and away from heavy thing. Use a hard case with a good bag to carry the same.

I had packed the laptop in my suitcase when I was traveling for a visit. I had not noticed that the right corner was not properly placed. That part of the laptop was dented and that really looks ugly. I had filled it with my clothes which put pressure on the corners. Now I am not in a mood to repair that till the time I can see the screen display. But the dent is only noticeable when if you see that from near. I try to move that with my hand but I found risk of damaging my screen, so I am left with the same with no option.

Some small dents on the macbook are acceptable that occurs accidentally. It depends on your usage. I found many covers for the laptop. The laptop is built enough strong to deal with shock but under some limits. You can place those hard covers and then use then for carrying. Liquid spilling is the another major issue with laptop. The most common is coffee spilling. This happens very often with my desktop system but the keyboard is cheap so it does not matter for me much. But for systems like Macbook I will take much more precautions. They have a very small integrated parts which are not easily replaceable.

If you did the dent accidentally then you void Apple care. It is not possible that the laptop which you bought from the shop came with a dent. So that is really not good to assume that you might get a fix at service center. Simply take the system to Applecare and fix it before things get more worst. That will cost you but at-least you can fix your system and make sure that in future it will work properly. Buy a good case for the system which is quiet nicer option.

Do one thing for precaution just avoid carrying your system. Instead of that try to keep it on fix place. I am not sure about the company which sells the hard cover but I had noticed several online website selling the same. I will recommend you to buy one. They colorful glossy type covers which are designed from hard plastic. They does not bent soon but it makes you laptop a bit thicker and heavier to carry. So the choice depends on you. You can keep a set of covers so that in case if there is a crack in one cover you can put back the other one. It is also very simple to install on the laptop also.