Thread: Macbook- Trackpad issue stuck on dragging and selecting

Macbook- Trackpad issue stuck on dragging and selecting

Hello,
    I am having 13 Mac Book and i am having it from the last 2 months. It was working fine till yesterday, but unfortunately i started getting the problem related to my track pad. At random points of a click or drag it is looking up. I don't have any idea related with this issue. As my machine is still a new one so why i am getting this problem? This problem is now troubling me a lot and due to this i am not able to do my rest of the works. I would like to have your help on this issue. I hope you will be able to provide me the required support. I will be looking for your suggestion. Please help me out. Thanks.

Re: Macbook- Trackpad issue stuck on dragging and selecting

I am have the same issue with my trackpad. The situation which i am facing is that When i move the cursor on the text, then it starts highlighting the stuff on the page. The highlight goes away when i click on the trackpad and when i move the cursor again, then it again gets highlighted. This problem is very much frustrating for me as it is causing me a lot of problem. So i want to ask you that is there any application for this problem? Does any one know that why i am getting this problem?If you have any suggestion then please provide me the appropriate one as i am looking for it. I want to solve this issue as early as possible .
    Last edited by Zecho; 21-10-2010 at 01:34 PM.

I have a solution for this issue. Even was having the same issue with my 08 MBP 2.5 C2D, but i was able to resolve it. I am providing you all the steps you can try this out.
    1. -First you will require to shut down the laptop
    2. -After doing that you need to remove the Battery from the laptop
    3. -After removing the battery you need to hold down the power button for approximately 5 to 6 sec.
    4. -Now you can replace the battery in the laptop.
    5. -After replacing the battery you need to restart your system

Once you are done with all this things it will solve your issue.

I have nice and simple solution for you problem. Before i was also having the same problem and i have fixed my on my Early 2008 15" problem with this solution, which i am providing you below. Just right click on it and it will solve you problem. I know that this solution fix the problem for a short period of time till the problem strike again, but still it is helpful one. I think you can try this out as it will solve your problem.I am also looking for a permanent solution, but not getting it. If there is any other solution for this problem then please recommend me as well, as i am looking to solve this problem permanently.

I have tried the solution given by kelfro, but unfortunately this did not helped me in solving my problem. I have completely shutdown my system and removed the battery from it and i have also hold the power key for some time. But doing all this things did not helped me out.I have also tried the solution given by katty, but even it did not help me out in my problem. I am still getting the same problem. So i will request you to provide me some other solution which will over come my problem. I will thanks to you for providing the above help and also for giving the instance reply. I hope that you will provide me the necessary.

Even i am having the same problem. I am not able to click on the things ans even some time i get stuck dragging windows. This thing often happens with me when i use the MBP. I am making use of a magic mouse which is turned on. My problem is being solved, when i turning the mouse off and do not use it. Even i was surprised by this solution and now i am using it without the mouse. So i will also advice you to do the same thing which i did and keep your mouse aside. I think that the problem is related with the mouse. Hope that i have provided you the required help, for which you were looking. If have further queries then please post your reply.