Thread: Is Apple ever going to fix this sticky trackpad issue on 2010 MBPs?

Is Apple ever going to fix this sticky trackpad issue on 2010 MBPs?

You know the one I mean! Where you will be utilizing this trackpad on your 2010 Arrandale 2010 (which took very long time to get released) and unexpectedly it begins highlighting all the text and words or messages on the webpage while you are not clicking anything or you may be moving your pointer over the dock and earlier than you understand it is attempting to drag an icon off! And you badly attempt to set it back on its real positions, but each time you clack it just pulls it off again until you obtain so aggravated you move it on the whole screen and it finally let go it and it is detached from the dock, therefore you have to move back to your software directory and arrange it on its previous position.
    It occurred without any warnings, and I am not able to find solution to make it stop! I just use one trick; I start mashing it by three fingers and after few attempts I got my mouse in control back. Is anyone here who is facing same problem? If you have any solution then please inform me.

Re: Is Apple ever going to fix this sticky trackpad issue on 2010 MBPs?

It maybe it’s happening due to some hardware problem. I do not what is the age of your laptop? There are some software updates which can generate this problem. I think so you have done magic track pad update on your system and which is generating problem. Magic track pad is first multi touch pad which you can find in some latest models. I think so by mistake you have installed magic track pad driver. If you want to solve this problem then uninstall your currently track pad driver and install older version track pad driver but it should b supportive to your device. Best of luck!

I am also having same problem form last one month but on my Macbook it is not as annoying as you written here but still mine is very irritating. I start clicking hardly two or three times to get over from this problem. I want to solve this problem but I got nothing about it. I have done reinstallation of its software but still the same condition. It seems something disturbing my tarckpad internally. I think has spoiled because I was very use to with hard pressing. I have sent one email to apple support center and I hope they will provide me some better solution. I will write solution on this forums if I got something form apple.

Same issue here and I are sure that it is not a hardware problem. I am seeing this issue from the day when I made update with my drivers. I am using 13” Macbook pro and it is just 3 to 4 month old. I think so it is happening just because of Magic Trackpad updates. I read this theory above. Basically I am unknown to this technology. I want to know about this magic track pad. How to resolve form this problem if it is really happening just because of Magic Track pad. Please if anyone has idea about this question, write here.

Magic Trackpad is just like the trackpad on the MacBook Pro — but bigger. It’s made with the same advanced touch-friendly and wear-resistant glass surface. But with nearly 80 percent more area, it’s the largest Multi-Touch trackpad made by Apple. So there’s even more room for you to scroll, swipe, pinch, and rotate to your fingers’ content. And since the entire surface is a button that clicks, you can use it in place of a mouse.

Some users who have Magic Trackpad update by mistake are facings troubles with the new behaviors. The major matter looks to be that scrolling is toughs in its place of horizontal, but some peoples had difficulties with mouse movements and they are also not working well. If you facing same problem then the first thing is to examine the trackpad nature in other user account, there may also have same faulty problem file in the main account that is nosy with the applications. If everything is fine there, then you will require placing the trackpad’s settings file and remove them. Simplest way to do this is to make a Finder search on your hard disk with a period in their filename, now also comprise system files in the hunt, and make a list for founded items by modified date. Then modify a few trackpad settings and observe which files go to the top of the sorted list. You have to make some judgment, but if they come into view to be trackpad-related, then please take away them and then log out from your account and login back.