Thread: Air bubbles between the "cover" and metal body in MAcbook

Air bubbles between the "cover" and metal body in MAcbook

I bought myself MacBook few weeks ago having 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache 1066MHz frontside bus 2GB (two 1GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 4GB configuration. I am using it for gaming but recently i faced problem as there are air bubbles between the "cover" of it and the metal body i think it is going to melt soon now i am not able to find the reason for it because i have bought it after saving money for about a year but it hurting me very badly. If anybody gone through same problem please do reply me the why it is behaving like this and what is the solution for fix this problem. How can i fix this problem with my MacBook.

Re: Air bubbles between the "cover" and metal body in MAcbook

I think this problem of yours is mainly because of same physical problem with your MacBook because of which you are facing such problem of air bubble between the cover and metal of your MacBook. I think you have to contact to your supplier i.e.Apple to resolve your problem if your MacBook is in the warranty period so they might replace it if is major problem and not able to repair it.

As you have mentioned in your question that you use your MacBook for gaming this might be because of that also i think you play games for quite long time because of which your MacBook is getting heated and showing such kind of problem appearing after heating. I suggest you to just try to avoid gaming for long time or stop playing games for certain time and see to it if the problem is getting solved or it is still appearing. If this is the problem of such thing happening to your MacBook than i think you have to visit to the service center of Apple to resolve your MacBook issue of bottom which appearing to get the air bubble in between the cover and the internal metal.

I was also suffering from the same issue with my MacBook which i got few month back i have tried all possible solution for it but was not able to resolve it by myself by doing some cure by my side. So finally i went to Apple service center to get the issue resolved they told me that the problem is because of overheating and because of which damage is done to the macbook cover which started giving t he sign of melting and created air bubble between the cover and the metal of MacBook. This was physical issue so they just replaced the MacBook for me and now i am using it carefully.
    Last edited by Selvaraj-N; 24-10-2010 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Title edited