Thread: Disable internal Keyboard and Trackpad on Macbook Pro

Disable internal Keyboard and Trackpad on Macbook Pro

Was really happy with the Macbook Pro and I was of the opinion that it was really the thing that I was looking for the past few months. But it recently came up with some serious issue. This time I have found issue with the inbuilt keyboard of its. Some of the keys on the keyboard are not working and the scenario is such that on the temporary basis I am using an external USB keyboard instead. Well I had no problem in installing that keyboard with the laptop. Some keys on the inbuilt keyboard were not functioning well and hence I had to go for this. I had never a problem with the trackpad as I was always having the external mouse. Now the problem is that sometimes some keys are sticking and when I am in middle of writing something on the Word Document I have seen that the A key keeps on repeating. In this case the external keyboard also does not work. I am thinking of upgrading the laptop and hence I really need a temporary but a working solution. Any suggestions.

Re: Disable internal Keyboard and Trackpad on Macbook Pro

The best thing that I can suggest you at this time is the replacement. I think that this is the only thing that I can suggest you. If the system is under the warranty then it will be the best thing that you can go for. Just explain the issue and get the replacement. If the thing is under warranty then I think that it is wise to get the original thing back. They will do this for free. I have never seen such issue and I think that they will be able to find the solution.

I think that you are not having the thing under warranty and if that is the case then you can disable the internal keyboard on your own. Just open up the case and then disconnect the internal keyboard connector. Well it is that simple and I think that this will be the perfect thing that you were looking for. Well if you want you can take the help of the local technician for the same. I have one more thing called closed lid mode, but I do not have complete faith on it. Also when you will be trying that I think that you will be requiring an external monitor.

Well I think that it will be really nice if you can try to reinstall the OS. Just before going for that have a backup of everything. After the backup insert the disc and then click on the Mac OS X icon. Then insert the Password and then hit the Enter. Just follow the instructions and while doing that do make sure that you have selected "archive and install." The reason behind this is that with an archive and install you will not lose your previous files. I am sure after that you will have your computer back in less than an hour. After that go to Macintosh HD and then go in the users in the Finder. There you will be able to find the old account, delete that since you will not need that anymore. I am sure that the keyboard and mouse will function well.

I was also having the same issue with the keyboard of the Macbook Pro. At first I did not find the Bill that I had received at the time of purchase and I went with very heavy heart to the Apple Store. When I told them the scene they told me that it would cost you heavily and it will be around $ 140. I really thought that it was not of worth and so I came back with the notebook. The next day I found the bill and I went with that there and this time they have taken the notebook and they have promised that they will rectify that. Well I will post when I will get the things back. I think that it is the perfect thing that one can do.

I am of the opinion that it will be nice if you can get the inbuilt items working well. For doing that you can reset SMC. To do this, turn off your computer and unplug the AC adapter and battery. Hold the power button for 5 seconds. Then re-plug everything. Turn on your computer and see if that solves the problem. Well I am not sure about this but I think that this can be given a try. I hope that you will get the things work.

In addition to all the solutions I think you will be able to get the problem under your belt. Well if you do not find that then I can help you by directing you to some of the threads that are related to the Macbook Pro. Well the discussions in these threads are made for the internal keyboard and trackpads of the Macbook Pro. Just have a look at it and see if that can help you in any manner. MacBook Pro - Any way to override/disable the internal keyboard?, MacBook Pro MBP 13" Trackpad Problem and Macbook Pro Trackpad Issues. I hope that they will really help you.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's