Thread: Method to make Netflix Streaming work on PowerPC G5 Mac

Method to make Netflix Streaming work on PowerPC G5 Mac

Hello,
    I am using a PowerPC G5 Mac. I like to Stream Movies on my PowerPC G5 Mac. I am not able to make Netflix Streaming Movies work on a PowerPC G5 Tower Mac. I don't have much idea related with this issue. If any one have even some knowledge on this topic then please help me out? I am using Sliver light Technology from Microsoft. I will be waiting for your replies. This my thanks to you.

Re: Method to make Netflix Streaming work on PowerPC G5 Mac

I feel that you are getting this problem because the old processors do not have enough horsepower in them as they have done any optimizations specifically for Intel processors. So i will advice you to change your processor and then try working the Netflix Streaming Movies. I am not sure that it will help you out, but at least you can try this one. As no one knows it may even help you in solving your problem.

This is what you can try on your machine-
    1-First you need to Download the Silverlight installer package from Microsoft website.
    2-After doing the download you need to right-click on the PKG file and then select the "Show Package Contents".
    3-After doing that, now delete the "InstallationCheck" file from the Contents/Resources.. Now you need to run the installer.
    After that every thing will work fine on your system and you will be able to solve your issue.

Even i am getting the same problem on my system. Even i am not able to Streaming Movies on my PowerPC G5 Mac. I have tried several solutions for the problem, but it is not helping me out. I have also tried the above solution for solving this out, but it does not seems to working for me. Now i am very much frustrated as my problem is not getting solved even after trying such solutions.