Thread: Reflex 20 V2.0 Smart Card not working

Reflex 20 V2.0 Smart Card not working

Hello fried,
    I have a computer which runs in the Windows XP service pack 2 operating system environment. Along with that running the Reflex 20 V2.0 smartcard reader. Which works a great in the laptop, the problem is just about the last day, while I tried to connect it with my laptop it will not detect by the machine, I am just getting worried about that. But while I connect it with another machine which is also runs in the windows XP operating system, it works fine, it easily detect the device and I can connect it with the multiple number of SD cards. In my machine it will named as PCMCIA MTD-002 instead of the Reflex 20 slot card. I think there should be any problem in the operating system service pack. The windows XP may missing something. There is any way to update the driver? Any other suggestion will be greatly appreciated…..

Re: Reflex 20 V2.0 Smart Card not working

According to your post I think this might be issue of the hardware, once you update the driver software then try to connect it with your laptop, just few days ago I had the similar issue with my Reflex smart card. Then I first did the full scan of the device and found nothing in the firmware of the device, but there is a problem in the device hardware. On the other hand there is no problem while I connect it with the machine. After the successful updating of the driver it works great also the speed of the device also increases.

Are you having the system requirement which is necessary to run the card reader in any card reader, I giving you a basic specification which is required for the run the smart card reader, which may help you to run the card reader at your system.
    • Host interface: PC-Card 8 bits I/O 5V and the PCMCIA Type II.
    • Memory card: should support through SCM MCard API.
    • Frequency: up to 8MHZ.
    • Support: reader supports ISO 7816 Class A and AB smart card.
    • Power: 68 pins PCMCIA connector(through PCMCIA interface).
    • CPU temperature: 0o to 50o Celsius.
    • Operating system: All windows version, Linux, MAC OSX.
    • Environment of the reader: ROHS and WEEE.

Relevant issue, I am also having a DELL computer which is running in the environment of the Windows XP service pack 2 operating system. I am using the Axalto/Schlumberger smart card reader. Schlumberger is using for the cryptographic service. Install everything which are used to run the smart card, but the system is not able to detect the card reader, after putting any smart card into the card reader. I check the device manager, where the drivers are properly listed. I set the process of the card as the automatic manner, it will auto start after connect it with the computer. I thought it was the system problem, and checked it with another card reader, but it works great, it can easily recognized by the computer. I also checked by change the USB port of my computer, nothing change. Though the card and the reader that I am using in my computer, are works in another computer, no problem. Is there any one have any idea about that issue?