Thread: Voice memos are not transferred to my Mac

Voice memos are not transferred to my Mac

I am endeavoring to relocate some voice memos from my iPhone to my Macbook. I choose comprise voice memos in iTunes beneath the Music tab. Additional than the entire what is doing is to relocate voice memos from my Mac to my iPhone, not vice versa. Subsequent to syncing when I create certain the voice memos in the side bar of the iTunes I do not observe my iPhone's voice memos. Several help is to a great extent appreciated. I do not understand why my Voice Memos are demonstrating greyed out in the iTunes / Devices / phone / Voice Memos segment. There is a register of voice memos there and they are greyed out. I do observe the voice memos in the iTunes Music segment and be able to listen to them there on my macbook additional than I do not understand why the list is greyed out in the apparatus section of iTunes. I need several help related to this issue.

Re: Voice memos are not transferred to my Mac

I did the similar fixation and synced my iphone 3Gs to my computer in ITUNES, choose contain voice memos additional than nothing demonstrates up in my itunes account. Plus on one occasion I get it to run be able to I download the memos onto a CD or memory stick. The voice memos do not relocate to my G5. A number of people get a Voice Memo folder in iTunes additional than I do not. On the smaller sized memos I encompass been e-mailing them to myself and then they demonstrate up in the iTunes. On one occasion they get into iTunes I originate them in a folder called unidentified Artist. It would be actually accommodating if someone might fix these tribulations by means of the transfer. I have comprised and recorded my friend utilizing this other than for the reason with the intention of they are too long and the transfer does not work, I am not able to get them off my iPhone.

I am not certain what would cause this, additional than you might try and observe if you be able to grab the voice memos utlizing PhoneView as an alternative if the entire else fails. You fundamentally immediately fire up the program (or the demo) and you determine to observe a voice memo section. I am having the similar tribulation voice memos on my iPhone 3GS have encompassed and stopped transferring to my iTunes on my iMac. It used to sync extremely well, additional than not to any further extent. (I be able to, on the other hand, transfer these older memos from the computer to the iPhone).

In view of the fact with the intention of iPhone voice memos are fundamentally audio tracks it creates sense with the intention of you be supposed to be capable to easily port them in excess of to your system. The iPhone is a media phone with the intention of has recurrent communication by means of iTunes, which holds its most important function as an audio playback program. Regrettably, you do not have the uncomplicated alternative of immediately syncing your iPhone to iTunes and bringing your iPhone voice memos into your standard library. As an alternative you have to go from side to side a different procedure to get them onto your iTunes library for later listening.

In this after opening up your iPhone's Voice Memo submission commencing your desktop. Record your voice memo by hitting the record switch to the left of the microphone representation and when you are completed recording hit the stop switch with the intention of come into view to the right of the microphone. One it have comprised and been recorded you be able to go to the right of the microphone, where the stop switch was throughout recording, and locate a button by means of three lines on it. Subsequent to that go ahead and choose this and you determine to locate a list of the voice memos with the intention of you have recorded. Locate the voice memo with the intention of you desire to bring onto your iTunes go ahead and choose it. After that you have to go to the bottom of the screen and you determine to observe two buttons Share and eliminate. Hit the Share switch and then decide Email. When your email at the appointed time comes up go ahead and enter in your email account information in sequence and send it to yourself from your iPhone.

When you take delivery of the email you determine to locate your audio track as an MPEG-4 Audio File beneath a Memo title. You have to open up this IMG 0403 Memo file and then select to Save the file. On one occasion you do save it open up iTunes and pull and plummet the Memo file onto the Library. Once you do this it determines to be part of the customary listing and determine to be capable to act in the similar method as the rest of your audio tracks. From here you be able to go ahead and sync it back to your iPhone for mobile listening. You have to go ahead and create certain with the intention of the audio track is checkered, and you might desire to alter artist information in sequence so with the intention of it is identified easier. This method it is able to be synced in the similar method with the intention of normal music tracks are and determine to be identified in the iPod section of your iPhone. Create certain the Memo file's Information in sequence page first and create certain with the intention of it has suitable track, album, and artist names so with the intention of it determine to not get lost when ported in excess of to the iPod classification system.

The most important reason you might go from side to side this work flow is when you are utilize the voice memo function to acquire notes or record speaking of a number of sort. Initially you had limited utilize for these audio tracks as you had to immediately get audio playback from side to side the iPhone's voice memo section, additional than as an alternative you determine to at present be capable to transcribe this from side to side dissimilar audio sources with the intention of you be able to maintain a close control of. To save voice memos commencing your iPhone to a mac, open it in iTunes and on the side panel you determine to observe 'devices', hit it off on the diminutive triangle to enlarge the content, then go to 'voice memos' folder and right click (two finger tap) the file. Choose 'show in finder' then immediately drag your recordings into whatever folder you desire. Length be supposed to not matter I recorded an hour long lecture and transferred it to my Mac no tribulations. I do not be familiar with if it works for additional computers though.

I found the solution on another forum (source is at bottom)...but basically I noticed that if i created a fresh new voice memo and then synced...then it worked. So the problem then became that older voice memos weren't syncing..
    so the solution is to:-
    go to each old memo and TRIM it (see the little blue arrow, far right of each memo..click on that arrow and trim by 1 second)..then when you sync ..it sees the voice memo as a new one and syncs it fine

source: http://discussions.apple.com/message...sageID=9692256