Thread: Activate FaceTime- iPhone 4 and iOS4.1

Activate FaceTime- iPhone 4 and iOS4.1

I am unable to turn Facetime. I have googled for this and tried what mentioned in the forums and Phone support. I try the following to turn the facetime but nothing works:
    1]Try to reset the iPHone 4
    2]Tried to update the "Carrier"
    3]Restore the iPhone from my backup
    4]Removed the sim and reinserted.
    Can anyone help me to solve this problem.Thank you in Advance. Your effort will be appreciated.

Re: Activate FaceTime- iPhone 4 and iOS4.1

Having the same issue with my iPHone 4 and I try to turn Facetime but I was unable to do it. Then I had made call to my operator and on monday they came and made updated operator setting and my Facetime start working fine. On Friday I decided to do complete restore of the iPHone and when I try to activate the Facetime it again remain in Waiting for activation. So I think the problem is with the Apple and not the operator because it work fine for me till Friday evening.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I am too having the same issue as you. Even my iPhone when try to activate Facetime also remains in Waiting for activation. I had tried everything but did not got any solution yet. I think the problem is with the Apple software. I am having iOS4.1 installed in my iPhone. Does you too have the same OS? Hope the Apple people will soon recognize this and provide any fix soon.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Today I went to mac store and tell them about my problem and they told taht they do not have support for iPhone in Mexico. They gave me an number I made call to them and they told me that they will call me in a few min since they have to reboot the phone several times. But they have still not called me. I have check many blog on net but no is having any perfect solution to this query. Last night I try to update from my carrier but this does not solve issue. I am going to reinstall the iTunes and then try to restore the iPhone and see what happen. I will inform you about the output.

Have any of you installed the following applications:
    1. Skype
    2. WhatsApp
    3. Pingchat
    i think that any of this apps or all of this apps have recorded the number of our iPhone on their servers and may be having interference with Facetime server and not allowing to activate the Facetime. But I am not sure about this.Hope this will be fixed by Apple soon.

I am having skype and pingchat installed on my iPhone and try to activate facetime but it doesn't work. and I have also try to activate facetime with nothing installed on iphone I have tried when I full reset the phone it stays in the Waiting for activation message. I have also tried reinstalling the iTunes but it does not solve the problem. I have tried everything and nothing works. i am sure that the problem is on Apple server only because of which it is not activating Facetime.