Thread: email settings on micromax q3

email settings on micromax q3

I have recently purchased a new Micromax Q3 mobile phone. I am using a airtel gprs service on my handset. I am looking to configure my email setting on my mobile phone but I am unable to configure because I don’t have any knowledge about to configure smtp. I want to configure setting about the yahoo and gmail. Someone please help me.

Re: email settings on micromax q3

• Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: pop3.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 995)
    • Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication)
    • Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID (your email address without the “@yahoo.com”)
    • Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address (e.g., user@yahoo.com)
    • Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password

Email setting for gmail.
    1. Incoming Mail Server: pop.gmail.com on Port 995
    2. Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.gmail.com on Port 587
    3. SMTP needs Authorization

The configuration of an e-mail can be a little complicated if you are a beginner, but you can find on the Internet guide to the configurations with all its parameters. It site or directly from your service provider, to though often they have no information and configuration parameters of very recent models.

The configuration of phone calls placed in the same configuration settings made in your home computer as my incoming mail server (POP3 or IMAP generally), the outgoing mail server (typically SMTP), username and password to access the mailbox. Once this data set, download the mail as if they were normal SMS, the only difference being that the act of sending and receiving emails will require an Internet connection and related costs.

So I would like to send and receive emails my phone like on the pc and then when I sync with my pc I would like these e-mails in outlook and in the same folders in which I use to move the mobile phone. At the same time I would also like the other way around. I write emails on my PC and send and receive and are then to the sync in the respective folders in outlook mobile. I hope could understand it somewhat stated. I will set no extra in my account to receive and send emails to phone but do it all in my outlook mobile.

I'm not quite sure how exactly do you want to send the emails. The account called Outlook on your PocketPC that is has two possible functions. Either it serves as the synchronization folder and receives via USB (or Bluetooth if necessary) the e-mail from ActiveSync / WMGC. This e-mail is only received or sent, if it is synchronized again. Or the folder is an Exchange mailbox, and will work as normal, by the way (of course via USB or Bluetooth). But you can set up mailboxes via POP3 or IMAP e-mail and send it via SMTP can.