Thread: Poor GPS reception in IPhone 3GS, am I the only one having this problem ?

Poor GPS reception in IPhone 3GS, am I the only one having this problem ?

Hello...
    I have been using my iphone since last 5 months but i have an issue with respect to the GPS system which is been installed into the iphone system.. I know its weird but the thing is whenever i try using this GPS system it shows some weird thing...It does not work as it is intended to.. Whenever i try to use this GPS system it does not work but instead it shows some kind of software error.. I dont know what is the exact problem... Please help me out to solve this problem....

Re: Poor GPS reception in IPhone 3GS, am I the only one having this problem ?

Hey i had the same problem with my cell phone(iphone).. Actually i am also facing the GPS signal receiver problem. But after that i tried one trick of just going to the apple shop and updating the software of navigation which is been installed in my iphone.. And seriously man it worked for me... After then i did not have any problem with the GPS signal..

I know that this prblem is very common and not with any single person using iphone. i tried to update the GPS software from the apple shop, they charged me for that but my problem was solved.. One of my friend had the same problem, i suggested him to do the same thing and guess what his problem was also solved...So you can try for this trick .... I am sure that it will work..

Whenever i use to use my GPS at home it showed WAITING FOR GPS..... And after that nothing happened...Everything went off. I mean the phone automatically got switched off... I dont why??? Then i consulted the apple person about this.. He helped me out with some small updates... But still the same problem.. After that when i went out of my house for checking whether it is working or not....IT WORKED.... Now i understood that at remote areas the GPS connection is very poor... Try to go to open space....

See for getting full access of the GPS service we have to wait for sometime... Because when you are using the GPS system in your iphone it needs time for receiving the GPS signal directly from the satellite.. So it make take 4 min or even 40 mins for getting the signal when you are using the GPS service for the first time...So its not the hardware issue or any satellite siganl issue... Keep patience...

I think the problem is with the iphone 3GS software because my iphone 4 works properly..It has no issue with the GPS system.. But yes you have to make sure that you keep some patience when you will first use the GPS system.. After that you will receive every signal of GPS without any problem... But juct check out the GPS software being installed in your iphone..

According to me the problem may be with the GPS chip which is present in the iphone.. Just make sure that the GPS chip is proper and not broken.. Because if the chip is broken then you might face this kind of problem... After that you can be able to use navigation. If possible just have your system software updated...