Thread: Contact Birthday Date Bug in Iphone iOS 4

Contact Birthday Date Bug in Iphone iOS 4

Hi Friends, I am using iPhone iOS 4. The problem is that whenever I add any contact and try to add their birthday then the date for of the birthday moves by one day automatically. Like if I add a contact and add his birthday as 2nd November and save it. When I look at that again then it is changed to 3rd November. When I go to calendar and opened the birthday calendar then I see that it has notification at 2nd November. Please help me to know that what is the problem and how can I resolve this.

Re: Contact Birthday Date Bug in Iphone iOS 4

You can use the backup facility of your iPhone. You should do a fresh restore from backup utility and this will restore your phone as a new phone. All the settings in your phone will be restored as the default setting from factory. I was having this problem with the reminder of the phone. The time for the reminder was getting changed automatically after saving that. I tried many things but nothing helped me and finally when I did the clean restore to my phone the problem got solved. You should also try this and this will solve the issue for you also. Good Luck !!!
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Hey, I have also faced the same issue before but somehow I was able to solve that. The problem was with the timezone of the phone. I was in New Zealand at that time and the timezone was set to Auckland and that is why whenever I was entering any date for birthday of the contacts then it gets adjusted by itself and changed to some other day. So my advice to you is to check for the timezone that you have set on your phone and if it is different from the place where you are living currently then you have to change it accordingly. I can not give guarantee that it will definitely solve the issue but in most of such cases this is found to be the main problem and also it is not the issue for you to check it once.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I am also living in New Zealand and was facing the similar problem. My timezone was set to Auckland and changing the timezone not helped me. I was getting the same error of changing the date. Finally instead of changing the timezone to some other, I simply turned off the timezone support and got the issue solved. You can also try this. I am sure that it going to help you.

I think that you have problem with the version of the software you are using. The version of the software that you are using may be outdated or corrupted and that is creating the issue. You can try changing the timezone and all as suggested above and if you find that it is not solving the issue then you should search for the latest update available for the phone. Update your phone with the latest firmware available on internet and this will let the issue out. Updating the software will also increase the performance of the phone and you will experience like you are using a new phone.

I don’t think that it is problem with the timezone on your phone. I can say this because I tried this and it does not helped me. I have synced my mail, contacts and calendar via Exchange. The dates appears to be move correctly syncing with swap select "Sync contacts with Outlook" in the "info" tab in iTunes in my computer. But when I need one group from my contact then it gives me a number of contact group on my iPhone. Anyway the contacts appear only one time when I select a single group. I hope this will help you in any manner until I this error get fixed.

There may be many reasons behind this problem and the best way to get the reason and solution for your problem is to contact the Apple support. You can talk directly with them about the issue and they will tell you the solution for the problem. You can also see the warranty card for the phone and if it is still under warranty then you can send it back to the manufacturer along with the issue that you are facing. They will either fix it or replace that with the new one. This is the safest way to get out if any problem that you may see in your iPhone. This may resolve the problem for you.