Thread: iOS 4.1 Contacts sync with Exchange problem

iOS 4.1 Contacts sync with Exchange problem

I am endeavoring to sync my iPhone by means of Exchange. I had no tribulations by means of iOS 4, additional than in iOS 4.1 the sync stucks on 292 contacts and 75 substitute contacts. It give the impression of being with the intention of sync is tranquil in progress, other than no innovative contacts are added. I have comprised and tried to sync at least contacts from my Outlook, additional than iTunes reported predicament, with the intention of Phone has been disconnected for the duration of contacts sync (which is not true, sync of apps was OK and no cable was detached). Do you encompass any idea. Do you have several advice.

Re: iOS 4.1 Contacts sync with Exchange problem

I am having the comparable tribulations. In addition, simultaneously my iPhone 4 and 3GS do not sync by means of my Exchange server for calendar and email as well. This happened instantaneously subsequent to updating to 4.1. No contacts, calendar items or email demonstrate up at the entire. Give pleasure to assist. On a 3GS, I have originate with the intention of Exchange Contacts has become unusable. By with the intention of I mean that it has sluggish down to a crawl when I try to right of entry it. It was not this method proceeding to the upgrade by means of 4.02. It reminds me of the Verizon palm apparatus with the intention of ran under Windows mobile I had four years ago. When I endeavor to have right of entry the contacts page and scroll, I swipe a page and hang approximately and wait, and then the page jerks forward a page or two.

I immediately endeavor turning off SpotLight Search for the entire additional than contacts. What a dissimilarity. It speeds up the investigate of contacts enormously and creates the function useable the entire in excess of again. Tranquil this tribulations did not exist in 4.02. Requirements to be fixed. I am having exchange sync problem in addition in view of the fact that updating to iOS 4.1, I had no problem previous to updating. My contacts and e-mail come into view to functioning extremely well other than my calendar is not syncing appropriately. The entire exchange calendar entries subsequent to July 31st determine to not sync by means of my phone and the ones previous to with the intention of constantly refresh and try to bring up to date to the point I be able to barely view them. It comes into view to be timing out on updating the calendar and updating too regularly. If I changed the amount of calendar entries to sync I become aware of with the intention of if I change it to 3 months back as an alternative of 6 it only syncs until July 22nd or so.

I am in accurately the similar problem as you. I eliminated my substitute account and re-added it. With the intention of did not work. On the other hand, I encompass found a short term partial-fix with the intention of worked for me in disappearing to Settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendars> Calendars> Sync and choosing "Events 2 Weeks Back" I got my the majority immediate surrounding appointments (subsequent to a period of significant waiting to populate) and the color of my calendar entries misrepresented to purple for a number of reason. Anyway, I am at present capable to observe the big tribulation with the intention of Apple requirements to address immediately.

I presently desire to add my circumstances to the register. User was working 4.0.2 and the whole thing was extremely well. He reorganized to 4.1 Exchange mail and calendars sync immediately extremely well. Contacts merely bring up to date to 1375 out of 1730 contacts. It come into view with the intention of it tranquil attempts to finish syncing. It has in addition experiencing poor battery life. I am assuming with the intention of it is for the reason with the intention of the contacts are continuing to try to sync. This I touch tranquil syncs contacts immediately extremely well so I am not purchasing the idea with the intention of there is a corrupt entry in the contact file. Even although the tribulations was introduced in 4.1.

I was so pleased to get multiple Exchange account hold up by means of iOS 4. I encompass been synching by means of my work account (calendar, mail) and by means of my Google accounts (calendar, mail, contacts). Subsequent to improvement to iOS 4.1 three days ago, my Google accounts come into view to be running extremely well additional than my work account refuses to attach to the Exchange server for calendar or mail. My corporation forced a passcode when I formerly added the account. For troubleshooting I eliminated the account and recreated it. The account verifies additional than by no means requires with the intention of I include a passcode. I then eliminated the entire of my Exchange accounts, restarted my phone and recreated my corporation Exchange account. The entire in excess of again, verifies exclusive of requiring a passcode, and neither my calendar nor my mail determine to connect zero events, zero emails. My mail even pompously says it updated and demonstrates the current time/date stamp additional than nothing. When I upgraded to 4.02, I encompass to set up a passcode. I am highly apprehensive with the intention of for the reason that 4.1 is not synching appropriately for the reason that it is not handshaking appropriately regarding the sanctuary on the Exchange Server.

Presently to confirm with the intention of it is a problem by means of the 4.1 update and not the exchange mailbox, I used a previous 3g phone by means of 3.1.3 and the entire of the contacts sync immediately extremely well. This is syncing by means of Exchange 2003. It certain would be pleasant if Apple Tech Support acknowledged these tribulations. The entire I ever hear from them is with the intention of this is an isolated problem and with the intention of it is not a widespread or known tribulations. Come on, if you would acknowledge with the intention of there is a predicament and with the intention of you have a team giving the impression of being into the problem, I would feel superior.