Thread: iPhone 4 Voice Control activates randomly when listening to audiobooks/music

iPhone 4 Voice Control activates randomly when listening to audiobooks/music

I am having problem in my iphone which is making me frustrating. Whenever I play audio book or songs, voice control comes up randomly. If I cancel it change my song track or make it forward with high speed. If I go back to get that track position back where pop up skipped it, it works fine for few minutes but is comes again and skip my songs. Rebooting my cell phone is able to avoid this problem for some hours but its appear again. I am using iphone 4 with its original headphone. Is phone is defective? Changing headphone can solve my problem?

re: iPhone 4 Voice Control activates randomly when listening to audiobooks/music

I am using iphone 4 and before this I have used iphone 3gs and also have used ipod 2nd generation. But this time I am not happy with their customer supports. I am facing this same problem almost from July 2010. It’s very long time but I have not received any single replies from Apple. I faced this problem after 20- 30 minutes randomly. I think so my voice control is not in good condition and when I breathe or something it get commands to change volume or songs track. I know that this reason has no sense but it’s my personal thoughts. I know some user like voice control but it is not useful for everybody.

re: iPhone 4 Voice Control activates randomly when listening to audiobooks/music

Hey it is happening with me also. My phone is almost 6 month old and when it was new I never faced this entire problem. Last it happen on my mobile when it was on carrier case and I am sure that it was not pressing the home button. This is nothing just a bug in software. I think so I have to visit apple service center because my mobile is still in warranty. Is restoring iphone setting can help me to solve this issue? I do not want to visit service center because to do this I have to take leave from my office

My experience says that it is happening just because of headphone in built mic. Voice control is getting activated by exterior noise. You can solve this problem if you will be able to close that microphone hole by one small tape. I have solved my own problem by this trick. You can also use old headphone because they do not have inbuilt mic . You can also use IPod headphone with you iphone.

Re: iPhone 4 Voice Control activates randomly when listening to audiobooks/music

Your theory is absolutely correct. Problem is with your voice control but stitching tape to close mic hole looks ugly. You should use iPod headphone because they do not carry mic. You can also solve your problem by resetting your mobile. My brother was not ready to use headphone without microphone so he reset his mobile and now he is not getting this problem. If mic is not important then go for ipod headphone.

Re: iPhone 4 Voice Control activates randomly when listening to audiobooks/music

This same problem was happening with my iPhone 4, voice control being activated every 4-6 seconds, iTunes playing songs randomly, calls being randomly placed to my contacts.

This problem has affected many iPhone users, based on the number of incident reports currently circulating on the web. A large number of those reports implied presence of moisture and water vapor, and that moisture getting into the phone.

I pre-heated my oven to the lowest temp setting (170 deg F), and baked my iPhone (powered off) at this temperature for 2 hours to bake out any accumulated moisture.

The phone now works well, no repeat of the past voice control issues.

If you don't feel comfortable placing your phone in the oven, then leave it on a warm surface or in the sun. Ideally, the temp needs to be over 120F to drive out any moisture quickly.