Thread: HDR vs. normal photos in iPhone

HDR vs. normal photos in iPhone

I am using iphone 4 which has great 5 MP cameras in it which comes with great picture quality and have advance feature as you can save picture in both the normal and HDR (high dynamic range) versions. So my question here is that how can I make the difference between both the type as I am not having much knowledge about picture so I am not able to tell the difference between both type. So if anybody have idea about it please provide me the details.

Re: HDR vs. normal photos in iPhone

You are using iphone 4 which has great camera of 5 MP which provide great images quality and also provide you with the option of storing the pictures in two version as HDR i.e. high dynamic range and normal. You can store your clicked or stored pictures in any of the version which you want to have or you can just store image in both of the type.

HDR is becoming the rage used to images but question here is does the process really improve the pictures quality or not? The images stored under HDR look little artificial where as when you store it as normal it looks natural and realistic as compare to HDR images. So i suggest you to just store your images as normal one otherwise its quality will be effected.

There is technical difference between both the version of image format which are HDR and normal one. Both have there quality matched to each other but it is best if you store your images in normal format which will be natural and more classy. But if you store it as HDR pictures will be more bright but will not be natural as normal one. You will find the solution if you store same picture in both the version.

To make difference between two of them it is better you click photo and sane it in both the format and see what difference you are able to see. Both picture quality are very much different from each other. Normal format is much natural and nice to see whereas HDR is artificial and different from natural one. So you should go for normal format.