Thread: iPhone 4 -- Can't send mail because no password provided

iPhone 4 -- Can't send mail because no password provided

I am getting one error Message on my mobile phone that is:
    "Cannot send mail. No password provided for account x
    please go to Mail account settings and enter a password"
    When I sync my all email accounts with Mobileme , they worked well on iphone 3GS. But now I am using Iphone 4 and all function works except this one. I also have used my friends ipad and it work fine there because I am able to send emails. I have seen in settings and password is available there. I also typed it straight on the iPhone. I have deleted my account and unchecked sync for the iPhone, and the account gone from the iPhone. I reset the iPhone. I also reset my mail’s settings from mobileme from the mac. But nothing is working.

Re: iPhone 4 -- Can't send mail because no password provided

I am not seeing all these problems in my mobile. What kind of problem you are explaining here? Are you not able to enter in your email account? I am using iphone form 1 years and I have also updated it to ios4.1 but its working smoothly. I think so you have done some mistakes in your account settings. Have you gone to “Advanced” and have done your password authentication enabled”. Please explain me all these things in detail.

I tried to explain my problem in detailed but I am sorry if you still had some questions. I am with iphone 4 and I have updated its software 4.0.1. Yes I am facing problem with my email accounts. I also tried with some other accounts. MObileme accounts, yahoo account and Gmail accounts are working fine but problem is with AOL accounts. When I tried to do my Comcast says that they have no password……
    I have really got tried with this problem.

Hey I was also suffering with same issue last month but now I am not seeing any problem. I had funded the solution. Go in your Settings and then in Mail. Here you will chose account info and go in outgoing mail server and chose SMTP and in this primary Server ---- password. I found password here and it was empty. I typed it and authentication took place. I do not know why it was not working before when I sync while it was working well on ipad. My previous setting was:
    Settings --- mail -- account info --outgoing mail server ---advanced ---authentication ---password and it was checked.

Hey I have seen this very annoying problem in my iphone. I did all most everything to solve this issue but I was unknown. My mobile was working well with every function except with this issue. Unluckily I called to Apple support center and they told me to reset my mobile and I lost some of my important data. I am very happy that you got the solution without all these resetting. Some time things do not help out and you have to type something.