Thread: Voice control no longer works after upgrade to iOS 4

Voice control no longer works after upgrade to iOS 4

I am using iPhone4 from last five month and have a great experience so far on my 3GS. Except that voice control is not working. When I hold the home button it still bring the voice control and voice confirm whatever action I said and after it the phone just go back to home screen. I have updated iOs4 and everything in voice control work fine before this.Is this is a software issue? Please help if you have any solution.

Re: Voice control no longer works after upgrade to iOS 4

having the same issue with my iPhone and I had just resetting the iPhone and now the voice control is working fine on everything. But have this issue with a few of iTunes functions. Now I am able to make the call using voice command. But I was still unable to use voice command to start playing music. So can any one provide some other tips so that my voice control function properly.Thank you for your reply.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Even I have the same issue when I upgrade to iOS4 now the voice command is very long and it is inaccurate. After this issue I contact to Apple and took the appointment with the apple store. Because voice command is must needed for me. I ask them if I can go back to iOS3. But I was told that it is not possible. So it means that I have to use it with this issue and there is no solution to solve this error.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I am using my voice control all the time in my car with bluetooth headset and it is really working fine.I had updated it to iOS4 and now the voice control on phone is horrible. In the morning I make a call to my friend in US but it endup dialing a random number. I think the problem is with the software because I am, using the same headset and calling to same person but now I am getting 50% accuracy.

I had never used voice control command before. I have just updated my iPhone to iOS4 and now I am trying to use my voice control. But from 15 tests it did not got a single command right. It is not even closing and could not even pause the music or cancel the program which is more probably used. For pause music it make call to some person. So is this is happening with your voice control too? When the Apple people will fix this issue.

I had 32Gb iPhone 3GS and I used voice control a lot in my car . I have upgraded to ioS4 and previously running ioS3.1.3. I have try a full restore. I even try to change the voice control language settings. Previously my voice control is set to English(British) and now I had set my voice control to English(American) and impersonate an American accent then it works fine.