Thread: There is Long delay before Acer welcome screen..!!

There is Long delay before Acer welcome screen..!!

I have just completed the changeover to Linux and am having a number of troubles. I expect somebody here can put some light on this for me. Just purchased a new laptop previous week, It is an ACER Aspire 7741G, i5, 64 Bit, and there is a 4 GB of RAM etc. The primary thing is that I have to make the Windows 7 recovery CDs, later than I have installed Linux UBUNTU 10.04 overwriting all partitions. UBUNTU works magnificently; all hardware was recognized straight away without any issues. Here however is the situation I now am facing. When I switch on the laptop there is a holdup of about 3 minutes previous to the ACER welcome screen is shown where I have the opportunity to obtain into the BIOS. After this the computer bots I would say usually. As this happens before I even get to the ACER welcome screen I am able to only believe that it has not anything to do with the OS but rather the BIOS. UBUNTU looks to have overwritten something here.

Re: There is Long delay before Acer welcome screen..!!

I am also facing this in this I have little bit more issue. Actually in this it is not achievable to install windows from the recovery CDs I have completed. And in this I have seen that a few of threads on the web where people have the same issue. For me it is really important to fix this within a couple of days so please help me.

I have been thinking extra concerning your subject, it is absolutely not linked with the operating system, installed one more OS will not affect the matter in any way. Are you able to inform me when this difficulty started happening and if some event is attached to begin of the matter? The first things that you should to challenge to find and make it right the issue are to Run memcheck through the ubuntu installer disk to test your RAM and see if it is corrupted or inconsistent.

I think there is two more reason which is faced by me. In that the first one is obtain the 1.09a BIOS update and install it, there should be a choice to install it from a USB driver or a number of other like technique, if the choices does not exist then most likely it has an installer program that run in Windows. And the second one is take entry in to the BIOS setting page and look for the options and fast boot and memory testing/verification and alter the settings from the current settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabastiaan View Post
    I have been thinking extra concerning your subject, it is absolutely not linked with the operating system, installed one more OS will not affect the matter in any way. Are you able to inform me when this difficulty started happening and if some event is attached to begin of the matter? The first things that you should to challenge to find and make it right the issue are to Run memcheck through the ubuntu installer disk to test your RAM and see if it is corrupted or inconsistent.
    Here I have solution for you issue there is some points you just follow that I think this going to work surely. The first thing is that running memcheck is no problem it will do that first and will advise of the results. So you just look for this I think you will get the solution. Many of the user tried the solution it fixes their issue. So you also give a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Visala28 View Post
    I think there is two more reason which is faced by me. In that the first one is obtain the 1.09a BIOS update and install it, there should be a choice to install it from a USB driver or a number of other like technique, if the choices does not exist then most likely it has an installer program that run in Windows. And the second one is take entry in to the BIOS setting page and look for the options and fast boot and memory testing/verification and alter the settings from the current settings.
    This is the answer which I think it will work in your case.In that BIOS Update i.e. I have previously downloaded the BIOS update from the ACER website, but have totally no plan that how to install it. An idiot’s guide here would be respected. I now only have UBUNTU 10.04 on the laptop, no windows. And the last one is I am not able to get this sorry.