Thread: How do I stop the annoying birthday notifications on BlackBerry Torch 9800

How do I stop the annoying birthday notifications on BlackBerry Torch 9800

I have problem with my BlackBerry Torch 9800 while going to Facebook. As soon as I open Facebook notification bar, I have a screen which is completely filled up with birthday notifications etc. I have fiddled around with the settings but nothing fixes. Is there any way to prevent getting all those notifications?

Re: How do I stop the annoying birthday notifications on BlackBerry Torch 9800

Run Facebook Application, press menu button and choose Options. Untick the check mark on Facebook Calendar. Again press the menu button and Save. Navigate to Calendar, press the menu button and choose Options. Select Facebook Calendar and type in rset. You must have a screen asking that this will clear all Facebook calendar entries.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Go to Options- Advanced options- Applications, you should have a list of applications. Scroll down to Facebook. If you have the newest version it will say Facebook 1.8.0.49. This is where the problem lies. Install the other version, and you should have only a few notifications at the end.

Thanks for the response! I have already unchecked the settings in my Facebook app, but I still have all the notifications in my calendar options. Do you have any other suggestions? I started this since when I had a message last week which says "Facebook Notifications have been enabled". A lot of time is wasted in deleting old notifications.

What all notifications do you have ? Is it just birthdays or something else such as events or some other calendar appointments. Also go to BlackBerry Desktop Software (version 6.0 is recommended) when the mobile is connected to your system. Click on Device - Clear Data - Calendar All - Delete. This is how you delete your calendar appointments on your BlackBerry.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"