Thread: Help - Outlook Sync problems on Torch 9800

Help - Outlook Sync problems on Torch 9800

I am facing problem with my BlackBerry Torch 9800 smartphone. I tried Blackberry Desktop Manager but I can't get any of the organizer to sync. I tried fiddling around with the settings but I am left with an error 0x80043bea. Why doesn't it sync correctly? Please help!

Re: Help - Outlook Sync problems on Torch 9800

You didn't mentioned what changes you have done with Desktop Manager after configuring it or what happened when you did that. How did you configured it to sync your BlackBerry Torch 9800 mobile with Outlook? Did you tried selecting the Calendar and then Outlook was a selectable option. Which operating system are you running?

Which version of Desktop Manager did you tried? In my case syncing worked if I use DM5 rather than DM6. I complaint about the same with BlackBerry support team and I am waiting for their response. I will update you if I get some solution. In the meanwhile you can try other versions of the software and see if that helps.

CompanionLink supports sync with the BlackBerry Torch 9800 using automatic handsfree sync method. As we all know BlackBerry Torch 9800 is running on BlackBerry 6 OS, you have to download the latest release of CompanionLink (which is 4.0 and 3.0) that supports two-way sync with Microsoft Outlook. Here are the steps:

1. Exit BlackBerry Desktop Software.
    2. Launch CompanionLink Setup.
    3. Click the BlackBerry Settings button within CompanionLink, then click OK when you see the screen displaying your BlackBerry PIN.
    4. Relaunch BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Thanks, but it did not worked. I'm still having the same problem. I can back up but can not sync outlook address book. I can select the Calendar or Contacts and the wizard allows me to choose Outlook, but when I click on Finish, it unchecks it and deletes the information that I entered.

You can use BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0 to sync your Outlook with Torch 9800 mobile. It makes syncing your data with your BlackBerry smartphone quick and easy. But before using this software, you must check if you meet the minimum system requirements:

Hardware requirements
    • Intel compatible 1GHz or higher processor
    • 512 MB of RAM
    • USB 1.1 or higher USB port
    • Screen resolution of 1024x768 or greater
    • 100 MB of free hard disk space for typical installation

Software requirements
    • Microsoft Windows XP SP2 or later, Windows Vista, Windows 7
    • Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 or an active Internet connection
    • iTunes version 7.7.1 or later or Windows Media Player version 10 or later for music synchronization

BlackBerry smartphone requirements
    • For media synchronization: BlackBerry Device Software version 4.2 or later and a media card or built-in media storage
    • For other desktop features: BlackBerry Device Software version 4.1 or later