Thread: New Blackberry Torch 9800 Locking Up

New Blackberry Torch 9800 Locking Up

Hii..
    From last 2 months i am using this mobile phone. Idid not find anything wrong in my cell phone. But from last 1 week my cell phone gets locked up suddenly with no reason. I tried many ways but nothing worked. I dont know the reason my blackberry torch 9800 screen gets lock in middle when i am using any application. So please help me out of thius problem because iam not able to use my cell phone properly.

Re: New Blackberry Torch 9800 Locking Up

Hey dont worry thats the common problem some of the users are getting from their blackberry torch 9800 mobile phone. First try to update the software/program of the mobile. This is because when the cell phone software is corrupted it does not work properly and thus it gives rise to such locking problems.

The actual problem is due to the software. So first try and check for the software updation and install the latest and updated software in your blackberry mobile phone. If it still has the same problem then try and remove the battery of your cell phone and keep it outside for some time. After that you reinsert the battery in its slot and then restart the mobile phone. I am sure it will not have any problem.

You can try out for some updation of the software for your phone. Else you can try for the operating system updation for your mobile phone. Else you can take out the battery and then reinsert it after some time. Or you can just keep all the applications which are not in use closed so that it does not block any other important application which ends up into locking up of the phone.

Their must be some serious problem with the software of the blackberry torch 9800. The problem can also be related to the saturation of the memory. Which means that thememory is been used by the applications which keeps on running in the background of the screen. Also the battery problem can also be there due to some of the physical problem of the phone.
    So just try to do the above steps which can help you solve the problem.

If the problem is physical then u may not get it replaced. You can try for some other steps such as pull out the battery from the mobile phone and keep it outside for some time. After that insert the battery to its place and then restart the mobile phone and then see whether the same problem still exist or not. If it still exist then go for the replacement only if you have the warranty and your mobile phone is not physically damaged.

Hey i hope the above solutions provided by these people helped you... These are the standard solutions which are been provided over the internet. So you can go for the operating system updation or you can check whether the unused applications are closed properly so that these applications do not occupy the memory space of your phone due to which the mobile phone gets locked up. Or else you can get your phone replaced from the blackberry shop. I hope these solutions helped you fix your problem.

New Blackberry Torch 9800 Locking Up

Recently I purchased Blackberry Torch 7 from a Blackberry showroom. I have activated it but it has locked after some time from me. I haven't an any idea about Blackberry Torch 7 because this first time i am using Blackberry phone. Is there is major issue? How can i solve this problem? please reply

I am also facing same problem with my Blackberry Torch 9800.There is no need to worry about this because it locked for 5 to 15 second after that you can use it. I conformed from my friend also and they are also have same problem. People who have Blackberry Torch 9800 all they facing this problem. I think this is a software issue. It is by default in a Blackberry Torch 9800.

Blackberry Torch 9800 give same problem to lot of person. Some of my friends try this things so try it with your phone. Remove your old Sim and insert New sim card. Removed SD card and try it. Removed all downloaded apps. And Stopped using Blue-tooth. Try all this things and check your mobile. Check setting also. Don't keep "Automatic lock" on
    Last edited by Farrah; 09-10-2010 at 08:20 AM.

Like you i have same problem with my Blackberry Torch 9800. No of time it locks my phone after i unlocked it. And its irresponsible for 3 to 12 seconds. I think there is a problem in a Blackberry Torch 9800 OS. OS is not tested properly. Blackberry person have to solve this problem. So Try to Connect with Blackberry Person and talk with them.

Blackberry Torch 7 is a nice phone. When you want to troubleshoot on blackberry Just keep one important thing in mind that, Don't Switch off the mobile and then pull your Blackberry Torch 7 battery from your mobile.Reenter the battery after some time. Wait for some time your device will boot for some time. And then the your problem.

I think you have to change your Blackberry Torch 9800 phone setting. Go to Blackberry Torch 9800 phone setting , Where you can see security setting. First all setting. Check pin code request on or off, if it on keep it off. Like that change your security setting also keep it off. If you want security for your Blackberry Torch 9800 phone so keep it on manual setting.