Thread: BlackBerry Torch 9800 touch screen calibration

BlackBerry Torch 9800 touch screen calibration

To me the BlackBerry Torch 9800 has turned out to be the most wonderful piece till now. I have not seen any big trouble with the mobile phone till date. I was content with whatever services it is giving me. I was having lots of problem with the Windows mobile, but this has proved to be far better than the Windows Mobile. I am having little trouble with the touch screen calibration. Is there anyone else with the same issue? Please suggest me something that I can give try.

Re: BlackBerry Torch 9800 touch screen calibration

Well I did not get the point that you are asking for. What type of calibration are you all looking at? Well I have the very same BlackBerry Torch and have nothing problem with the touch screen of this mobile phone. Well thanks a lot for appreciating this mobile from the BlackBerry and I have also found this one a better one from all other phone. I have just started playing with it and have really found well.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Appreciated response I did not had idea that I will receive the response so quick. I admire that. Actually the touchscreen of my mobile phone is not working well. When with the joystick or even with the pointing finger I try to touch the folder that I want something else gets clicked. I want to know if there is something that can be made with the settings for the touch screen. Can you please give me the touch screen sensitivity of yours?

I got the point. Actually that has happened with me and I have found this in many of the other posts. Well I have adjusted the sensitivity of the touch screen, and you have asked for then here it is. The touch screen sensitivity of the mobile is set in the following manner:
    • Tap Interval is set to 450
    • Hover Period is set to 600
    • Swipe Sensitivity is set to 5

I hope that this will work for you too, as it works pretty healthy for me.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

If you ask me I would suggest you to have a simple reboot for the smart phone. I have already seen this and the only solution that I have found is simply restarting the mobile phone. Do it in the way I am suggesting. Tap the power button, and when you will see the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, just remove the battery for few seconds and then restart the mobile phone. See if that can help you.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Please try the Master Reset for the smartphone. I think that if you are seeing the problem for the first time then you can get it solved with the very Master Reset. This will throw the mobile back to the default settings of the mobile phone. I am dam sure that this will really help you. First try the Soft Reset and after that if did not work then go for the Hard Reset. Hope that this will bring the calibration of the mobile to the proper setting.

In my opinion that this mobile phone is lacking on something. I am dam sure about it. The palm devices have the screen calibration that allow the pin point the touch, and this really is lacking in this smartphone. Else I have seen nothing else wrong with that. Great phone.

I have difficulties on my blackberry torch. The touch screen doesn't work properly. Would you please help me to solve my problem?

First let me know what exact problem you are getting with the device of yours. If your device is under warranty period then it is advisable that you should act fast and get it corrected with the help of the Blackberry service center. BTW did you installed any third party application to your device. If you have then it might be possible that software might be causing issue. So if you can then uninstall all third party application and see whether this is working for you or not.