Thread: BlackBerry Torch TEXT message icon not showing text messages

BlackBerry Torch TEXT message icon not showing text messages

It has not been long, I have just purchased the BlackBerry Torch 9800, and I am really happy with all the features of it. Though it has some of the minor issue it is tolerable. The problem was tolerable when it was under a limit but now it has crossed it. This time the issue is with the Text message icon. The problem with this is that instead of showing the text message it is showing the emails. What should I do so that it can come back to the normal condition?

Re: BlackBerry Torch TEXT message icon not showing text messages

Well I think that this may be the first time that you have come across this. I have not seen the cases like this anymore. I think that the simple restart of the smartphone will do the trick. I do not find it that problematic. If at all you are finding that this is not going in your way then you can post again. Please along with that do post what happens when you press the e-mail icon.

Thanks for the reply. I did not give a thought for this thing (email icon). Thanks for asking me about that. Well on your suggestion I went and did the simple reboot of the mobile phone. Then again I went for the Text icon and I really thing that there is a problem that I should start worrying about. It did not work for me. Also when I try to click on the email icon it opened me the text message. What in the world is happening with the BlackBerry? Can you suggest something further?

In my opinion I think that there is something that you should worry for. Did you connect your phone to the PC? I think that this could be the result of that. I would suggest you to once scan your mobile phone with a good and sound antivirus. I think that this can be because of the software. See if this can really help you with that? Please after the scanning is done restart the phone and then use the text icon.

Well I do not think that this can be because of some kind of virus attack. I think that you should go for the Master Reset straight away. Most of the time the Master Reset solves all this kind of issues. I would suggest you to first try the Soft Reset and if that did not turn in your way then it would be wise to go for the Hard Reset. Well before going for that have a back-up of all the data and then attempt it.

This is a serious problem (because it has happened to me!). My blackberry Torch now does the same thing. The text icon shows my emails. I can not see text messages. I have restarted the device twice but the problem persists. Anyone? Please help!

Service Center in my opinion is going to be the safest and the most reliable option that I think you should go for. They are the best one to tackle the problem as such if all the above method fails. I am of the strong opinion that if possible and it is under warranty then get the replacement done for that. Go and pay the visit to the nearest Service Center and see what they say.

SO after the update. my blackberry torch has been generating an error message. and all my text messages got duplicated into 80 messages each. some messages are missing, and when I click on the text message icon it doesnt allow me to scroll all the way up and see my new messages unless ( I do an advanced search for text messages on my phone ) ....

what the hell is going on with the torch..........

seems like RIM needs to come out with a fix asap.

Quote Originally Posted by t825796 View Post
    SO after the update. my blackberry torch has been generating an error message. and all my text messages got duplicated into 80 messages each. some messages are missing, and when I click on the text message icon it doesnt allow me to scroll all the way up and see my new messages unless ( I do an advanced search for text messages on my phone ) ....

what the hell is going on with the torch..........

seems like RIM needs to come out with a fix asap.
    It is always recommended that you should always backup your mobile phone data when you try to update your mobile phone ot even try ot format it. However, it seems that this problem occurs only after updating the mobile phone via RIM update, so hopefully they will release a patch soon to fix this issue.