Thread: Blackberry Torch 9800 Touchscreen Issues

Blackberry Torch 9800 Touchscreen Issues

I have bought a new Blackberry Torch 9800 and it worked fine for few months but now i guess something has happened to this phone. Actually it is working now as well but with some extra unwanted features like when i press the virtual button on the right side then the left one also gets highlighted. For example on virtual keyboard, When i press "P" and then it "Q" also gets recognized. Whats wrong with my touchscreen or should i say Touch-Scream!!!

Re: Blackberry Torch 9800 Touchscreen Issues

I think you should not get panic as it does not seems to be any big issue, There is nothing wrong with your touchscreen as it is perfectly registering your finger touches but it is an operating system which is not able to catch the same for proper function. I suggest you to upgrade your phone to the latest version so that everything gets flashed. But make sure that you take the back up of all the data which you need to install after installing a new OS on your mobile.

I have seen such an issues with my touchscreen phone but it is not a blackberry. I never thought that blackberry as well can have such an issues with the touchscreen on their devices. Actually this kind of issues appears when you have installed an external themes on your phone. Actually these mobile themes tweak up an operating system of your phone and hence those are not 100% faithful themes. They might have some mistakes, Are you using any theme on your phone which is not default.

It is not necessary that the themes only can get interfere with the an operating system of mobile operating system but there are many third party applications which can make changes in the registry of your mobile operating system. I suggest you to uninstall all the third party application from your phone and then reboot your phone. Now you may check about the same problem.

You phone just need to software update which you can do on your own as well. You have to connect your phone with the computer system on which you have installed a Blackberry PC Suit trough which you can update your software. But still first try to solve this problem by just formatting your phone which won't be needing any internet connection like updating the software.

As its not been one year complete since you have bought this phone so I suggest you to take your phone directly to the dealer from where you have bought it. And ask them to resolve this problem. They may send you to Blackberry Service Center which might get hassling for you but still you won’t be having any other option if your dealer don’t want to help you.

star Re: Blackberry Torch 9800 Touchscreen Issues

Thanks this definitely worked for me. I uninstalled munchscreen and did the reboot and my touchscreen was back

07-10-2010
    Paxton

It is not necessary that the themes only can get interfere with the an operating system of mobile operating system but there are many third party applications which can make changes in the registry of your mobile operating system. I suggest you to uninstall all the third party application from your phone and then reboot your phone. Now you may check about the same problem.