Thread: How to setup of Blackberry Enterprise Server

How to setup of Blackberry Enterprise Server

Hello,
    I have a question for you on BES, currently I have a SBS2003 server with BES 4.1. After some trouble to install, I finally get to the stage of user creation. Once created, although my user receives a mail box in his house with an activation code. This code is then to return to the blackberry with the e-mail activation. The concern is that I'm working on a test server and my email address is fictitious. It is only valid internally. In fact, I've seen anywhere on the technical prerequisites that you must have a server that hosts its own mail domain.

Re: How to setup of Blackberry Enterprise Server

Hello.
    I also have a BES 4.1 with Exchange Server 2003 and 2 DC. If your question is still relevant I can try to help. I guess this is correct, if I am not then please correct me with the same. Any help is appreciated.

So actually I bypassed the problem by plugging in the USB port on a Blackberry server which works much better that way. I have confirmed that activation of peripheral-mail went very badly. So now here it is running, I started to install in some clients and they are all very happy

Let me post here because this is the only place I found an issue related to blackberry. Since you seem admin blackberry, you may be able to get information. My business is run by Orange. My personal terminal (compatible BB) is on Bouygues. Is there a way to increase on my company's network, or is it a subscription Orange? Thank you in advance for your reply.

I had the same concern 10 days ago. I wanted to make a swipe of the blackberry that would never reboot. I install it back earlier this week and I'll keep you posted but I was told that a simple restart blackberry often sufficient to resolve such concerns. Problems also with customers, always with the calendar sync to Outlook (synchronize itself from an Exchange server, even if it does not change the problem), blocked on some tracks, forced to empty and resynchronize blackberry, occurs every 2-3 days, known bug and still not resolved.