Thread: aspire 5542g lap top suddenly freeze

aspire 5542g lap top suddenly freeze

Friends, I bought a new Acer aspire 5542g last month. It was running for 1 month but from last few days I am getting problem with that. The problem is, it get freezes randomly. This is very annoying problem. This happens at least once or two time in a day. Is there anyone who have faced the same problem? I this it is having problem with graphic memory but I m not very sure about it. It will be very appreciative if someone can tell be the solution to fix it.

Re: aspire 5542g lap top suddenly freeze

It was a hard disk problem when I was getting this freezing issue. Sometimes if you are having the problem with your hard disk then it may not be get completely loaded while booting it and it gets hanged when some application tried to access the some data from hard disk. Try to connect any other hard drive to your computer if possible and see that if it again freezes or not. If it runs fine for the day then you should change the hard drive.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I don’t think that it is a problem with hard disk. As you told that it runs fine for some time and freezes randomly. So I am sure that it is the problem due to overheating. You should measure the temperature of the laptop when it freezes and if it is more than the normal temperature then it will give you the clear idea that whether it is a overheating problem or not. You can use the water cooling system and it will maintain your computer temperature.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

First of all you have to check the Windows Event Viewer and find out that if there are signs of hard disk failure. If you don’t find any such failure then you can check for the latest driver available. For AMD you will find that the chipset driver is packaged with the display driver. Try to find the latest version from driver-station and install it on your system.

Which operating system you are using? I am asking this because there may be problem with the operating system you are using. In my case I was using the Windows XP and was getting such issue. I then switched to Windows 7 and it solves the issue. I don’t know the exact issue with that but it solves the problem in my case. You can also change the OS if you are getting the solution.

If you have some setting problem in your BIOS then it may also create such freezing issue. Reboot your computer and enter in BIOS settings. There you have to set the default setting for the BIOS. Save and exit the setup. If that is also not working then you can upgrade your BIOS and this may solve the issue for you.

Try disabling Atheros device in device manager. Wi-Fi driver seams to be corrupt. Had the same problem for months until a few days a go. Please report back if this solved the problem.

Yea you are absolutely correct. I also narrowed down to the drivers issue but was not able to track which one was it unless I saw your comment. Thanks. and here's the total solution and the updated driver