Thread: blackberry STORM 2 DEFAULT SEARCH ENGINE problem

blackberry STORM 2 DEFAULT SEARCH ENGINE problem

I have complaint about my default search engine which has been changed to Microsoft “Bing”. In start it was Verizon and I was happy with it. I do not like Bing because it is very complicated. I sent very strong email to Verizon about this problem. Now I received one replied from them they explained me that it is done by RIM. Then I tried to change it from my browser settings and found that there is only one option available and that is “Bing”. I know I can go to my favorite search engine via its address or by settings it my default home page. But still I am not happy with RIM because I do not want to type my search engine address again and again. Is there any way which I can use to set my default search engine?

Re: blackberry STORM 2 DEFAULT SEARCH ENGINE problem

I think so you are not aware about RIM and Microsoft deal. When you were using Verizon as your default search engine, then there was no deal between Microsoft and blackberry mobile. Now again they got back with some new deals. RIM signed this deal in let summer with Microsoft to use Bing in their mobile as default search engine. It is well documented and legal. You can read about it on blackberry websites.

In start I was using storm not storm 2 but one day Bing come into view on my Home page too. Now I do not want to make any debate here that made the changes RIM or Verizon. When I go to my browser, which is my major means to search the web on my mobile, I still have Google as my default search engine. I am also having Google Maps on my Storm's mobile home page (I just downloaded it on my mobile). I determined to go away from Bing there because sometimes I like to observe a 2nd set of results ... sometimes I want a change from Google since they appear to be this all-powerful search provider. It is superior to switch it up to stay Google honest. Also, I be inclined to utilize Bing for shopping results.

You can your default search engine in your strom2 blackberry mobile. Some people can change it in web2go but you are using browser. To solve this problem go in to your browser and click in its menu then option and now browser configuration and then default service provider. You can use Google application to get direct search engine if you like to use. There is no need to use browser again and for searching. You just type in Google application.