Thread: Can Verizon phone work with Sprint

Can Verizon phone work with Sprint

I at present be familiar with that Sprint and Verizon together utilize the CDMA network additional than thing I do not understand is why not be able to you take a Verizon phone in excess of to sprint and vise versa. I be familiar with friends that have completed phone swaps by means of T-Mobile and Cingular (I be familiar with they are GSM) by unlocking phones. Be able to something similar to this be completed by means of CDMA carries. If so please bring up to date how and if not, why not. I am a Sprint purchaser giving the impression of being for a PDA phone other than immediately isn’t happy by means of the phones obtainable. Verizon presents Samsung SCH-I730 which is a Dual Band 1900 / 800 MHz digital CDMA phone and I would actually similar to get it without switching service providers. Be able to somebody enlighten me please?

Re: Can Verizon phone work with Sprint

The hardware wise yes, you be able to do this, if you were one way or another to locate out the MSL codes for every phone (in addition called a sublock). In view of the fact that you have comprised to hard code the programming on these. (Manually program, not OTA) you might do so by means of the sublock/MSL, additional than trying to tell the VCast to log into Power Vision, or vice versa, you are to be expected to create the software crash or not understand the information in sequence being sent/recieved, probably frying your phone. Your voice calls would go thru immediately superior. Software on CDMA phones are additional dependant on what the carrier's unambiguous specs are, unlike GSM where the software is not.

If you are giving the impression of being for a phone comparable to the Samsung I730, I recommend purchasing the PPC6700 by UT Starcom. So distant this has been a rock solid phone, EVDO speeds by means of in addition WiFi built in, 1.3 MP camera, and the innovative Windows mobile version or description. BTW, employees that hand out sublock/MSL information in sequence be able to be terminated. Locating an unnatural ESN on the system is a lot easier to do at present days. Superior to give up the hassles and give the impression of being at a similar phone that the carriers present when it comes to CDMA.

The GSM is dissimilar in that as extended as the SIM lock is off, you be able to position several chip in there and utilize the voice side additional than it takes a bit of programming to get the Data side to work appropriately, and in most cases, it does not run appropriately. I have comprised and looked at the Audiovox / UT Starcom phone additional than immediately was not certain how it would hold up in the long run. Guess I am going to encompass to bite the bullet and immediately get it.

Yes this is a sprint purchaser I have comprised formerly talked to sprint customer service and I was told with the intention of you not be able to utilize version phones for sprint at the entire I am not certain accurately why additional than he said something regarding programming I actually similar to this Sprint phone and was considering getting it additional than I have encompassed Verizon Wireless and I actually desire to be familiar with if I be able to have a Sprint phone additional than tranquil be on Verizon. I determine to try to get a respond and I determine to share it.

Here's the scoop by means of receiving Sprint / Verizon phones to run on contradictory carrier / additional unbranded carrier: acquire the EPST/DST settings - PRL and what not out of several data competent phone (excluding blackberry, unless it’s a blackberry you necessitate to acquire across) locate the programming code for the phone you have got, edit them to match the intention carrier. Might it work for you.

At present, here’s where it acquire weak sauce. Verizon & Sprint determine to together tell you that the ESN requirements to be in their database for them to stimulate it. That’s a big fat load. What you have to do is maintain probing for intellectual life coupled by means of a diminutive bit of a LIE and ultimately they determine to physically add the ESN to the system, which as of 2009 each CSR might do. Some Verizon phones encompass lock codes to protect you from modifying or even viewing the programming, additional than they are characteristically simple to locate on the internet.