Thread: Acer Aspire One lsass error msg on bootup

Acer Aspire One lsass error msg on bootup

I am having an Acer Aspire One and booting from WinXP sometimes gives the message "Lsass.exe could be fully charged. Then the PC reboots. After 2-3 attempts all goes back to normal. The error does not always. Time is running everything normal, sometimes this error comes. Someone got an idea what can it be? I think what has to do with user login, but what's wrong?

Re: Acer Aspire One lsass error msg on bootup

Sounds a bit like Sasser worm infection, what are you writing, although I am the behavior of your system is not very typical of think (error message, the fact that it is sometimes normal): nevertheless, follow but sometimes the steps leading to the removal of this worm or immunization of the system are recommended against it.

This works with the Hijackthis log file on the fly, since it is the private computers of my chief. The things I've downloaded from another computer. Could it be that this is not a virus, but just shoots across any system component? I found on google with the entry found by Lsass.exe forum posts that describe such a phenomenon as early as September, but even this is no solution.

I was having the same error as which you are getting on your Windows XP machine. To boot in safe mode is no problem. The system runs flawlessly here. I've installed this way the removal tools and patches. However, once I start in normal mode, it goes back down automatically. I'll try the repair function from the installation CD, otherwise there's format c:. I'm sure it has nothing to do with Sasser.

I have played around with the lsass.exe, renamed, etc. Then this is the system hang during startup without any error message (although even in safe mode). Then you'll need a Boot-CD/Disk and the right lsass.exe (check SP) copy of a working system just in the system32 directory in the Windows folder. I suggest not to play with this file as it might put you in more problem.

Your PC has certainly recovered the Sasser virus. Do a reinstall (no formatting) to Windows. Then, to remove your virus, download and run FxSasser. If you encounter a problem, come back stating your OS: Win9x, Me, or XP. To recover what is on your current SD, simply place it as slave and copy / paste what you want to retrieve. Not valid for applications (basically, it matches what is in Program Files) that you should reinstall it to complete the registry.

Reinstalling the system presents over nine days as the installation of XP but without deleting all your apps. XP will only go back to generic drivers and its initial configuration. It will reinstall the drivers then added non-generic starting with the chipset driver. If SP2 is not included in the original CD it will give it.