Thread: Blackberry Storm 9500 Applications problem

Blackberry Storm 9500 Applications problem

I am some kind of application problem in my Blackberry Storm 9500 mobile. In my Blackberry DM , in application manager I am seeing some applications under “required” status. They are looking pending to install. I am not seeing any installation tab to install this application? Following are application giving “required” status: 1.BB 5.0.0 System software, 2. BB 5.0.0 Core Application, 3. Browser, 4. Email setup application and phone. Anyone here who is using same mobile, please tell me how to install these application on mobile?

Re: Blackberry Storm 9500 Applications problem

Hello, welcome to this forums! You cannot install those applications because they are already installed application because they are required application. Otherwise you are making mistake in explaining your problem properly. Have you ever tried to use these applications? If you are getting any error then please tell me what kind of error you are getting. I know some applications required lock code to purchase for making them unlock.

I am also using Blackberry storm 9500 mobile and I want to download some new application in it but I do not know how to install that. Whenever I try to download that application from internet I receive errors. I asked about this to my friend and he told me that I have to use Blackberry Desktop manager application but I do not have that application. And also I don’t know how to use it and from where I will get it.

Yes, your friend is right. You have to use Blackberry desktop manager application to install extra applications on your mobile. You can download it from blackberry website and install it. It’s very easy to use. In this application you will see one button “Application loader”. When you will run it, you have to locate new application which you have saved on your system then it will install itself on your mobile. Just try to do it.

If you have internet access on your mobile then it is not necessary to use BB DM software. You can also download supporting application over the air using GPRS facility. After downloading go into your Download folder, if the downloaded application has .alx or .cod then you have to use application loader to install them. If it is .jad file then you have to use blackberry browser to install them. If they are invalid file, you will not be able to see them.