Thread: BlackBerry Storm 9500: Calling issue?

BlackBerry Storm 9500: Calling issue?

Recently bought a Blackberry storm 9500 touch screen mobile phone. And found that whenever I tried to phone, the green (call) button is not working. Sometimes it will work if I press the green button for a little time, but it’s for a while, also if I turned on the open speaker option, then also the phone stays in the handset mode. During the call, for a some while the sound will vanish or it will automatically turned off. Any suggestion wills greatly appreciated.

re: BlackBerry Storm 9500: Calling issue?

Which operating system you are using in the device, if the operating system will breaks then the problem will occur. You can found the information of the operating system from OPTION then ABOUT. The version is also important. I would suggest you also in addition to clean the jack of the headset. The dust build up is may be the cause for the issue.

If you found any problem in jack of the device headset then simply placing another headset jack into the device, and multiple times pull it as this may loosen up by the strong connection. Check the connection is proper or not after that by connecting with the device. I had a similar problem, and then I did this. It will help you.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

With the head set jack cleaning you also try for the battery full. Remove the battery up to 10 to 15 minute, and reinsert after that and wait for a while, till the phone reboot. I would also suggest you to reload the operating system, it may also help you. Otherwise just upgrade the existing operating system. Just go through from any one of the step, you will definitely so;ve the problem
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

I also think that the issue that you have posted regarding the call button is for the operating system that you have in the device. I suggest you to reinstall it or repair it by go through the following process. It will help you:
    1.Before do anything just backup all the data. From BlackBerry Desktop Manager and select Backup and Restore.
    2. Go to the folder:” C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\”.
    3. Allow the show hidden folders under that go to File > Options
    4.In the next page click on Advanced button, delete the currently installed program, and click next.
    5. Again open the desktop manager and select Backup and Restore, select the file restore and follow the given step to restore your device.
    6.Reanable the device from Manage Connections and switch on the mobile.

Had the same problem with the Black berry Storm 2 touch screen, the only solution is to need a back up then wipe the blackberry, then reload each of the application one after another. Leave that which is not important for you. This fix works for me, and now I am able to keep the keypad in to the portrait. Suggest you to go through this, it will help you.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Thank you all, the posts are really working, all the tips are useful for me. I upgrade the official update software. If anyone having the same issue, then I suggest you to go through the processes that are mentioned in the posts, then upgrade your operating system. In addition that I did is I add a beta version of the operating system. This may not be used in the other device.