Thread: Choosing phone entry with a contact having multiple numbers on WM

Choosing phone entry with a contact having multiple numbers on WM

I have a Windows Mobile phone which is has been manufactured by the HTC. I have saved many contacts on this phone but yesterday i have got one bug that how do i call to an alternate number of a particular contact? When i search for the names in the Contacts and pressing the calling button always calls to its first number, What about second and third one?

Re: Choosing phone entry with a contact having multiple numbers on WM

I am knowing the proper answer for your question, When you have any contact highlighted then press the d-pad Left and Right keys which will change the number of the same contact which you have saved such as work, home, mobile, txt, email etc. Please note that it will be showing tiny "w" turn to "m", "h", "e" etc. in front of the contact so you can recognize it quickly.

Here i have noticed one more feature about the Windows Mobile operating system is when you search for the contact and by some mean, You don't want to call to the first contact number of that person and hence you switch to the next number of the same contact by using the D-Pad then Windows Mobile remembers this thing and next time it would be dialing the same number for that contact which you have dialed last time.

May be Windows Mobile is making it easy to call the same contact but i have something in my Mind. What will you do if you want to select an alternate number for messaging somebody? Actually it becomes very much annoying when you want to do it. I have done it by remembering the number and then type the same while messaging.

I do not have any idea about windows mobile phones as i have never used it. But still i guess there must be some way by which you can select for an alternate number for sending the message from your Windows Mobile. You should not click on the Contact Name after searching for the contacts from the message. Check that is there any Option given instead of selecting it.