Thread: Restore iphone without itunes

Restore iphone without itunes

I am having an iphone which is not 3g. It is an old one and now it is locked in recovery mode because some of my friends messed it up. Now it is just showing the image with a cable and the itune logo. Whenever I try to restore that it gives me some error message. Now I think I have to restore that without iTune but I don’t know any alternate method to do that. I want to ask you the way to do that without using itune. Thank you!!!

Re: Restore iphone without itunes

I am sot sure that whether it going to work or not because I have not tried this on myself. This did the trick when one of my friends was having the issue which is similar to yours. What he did is just pulled the SIM chip out and after that hook up to iTunes and restore. After doing this he ran blackra1n. It worked for his 2G iphone and I hope this will also solve the issue for you.

Here are the steps that you have to follow for restoring the iPhone without using iTunes.
    • First of all press the home button which is there on your iphone and select the setting icon on the main screen.
    • Select the general tab and hit the Reset tab.
    • Hit “Reset all setting” and this will restore all the settings to its default settings. You can select "Erase All Content and Settings" and it will restore it to original factory setting but remember that it will also erase the all the other information which include bookmarks, SMS messages, contacts and music.
    • Finally select the “Erase iPhone” and this will confirm the action.

The steps told by Carlos16 is correct. I have tried this on my iPhone and it worked for me to restore it on its default settings.This process uses the iphones built-in feature to do that. This provides the options to user for resetting the iphone or to erase the contents completely. This is the only possible way to do that and you should try this. I hope this will also work in your case.

You can use iDeviceActivate tool to do that. It is a great tool which allows us to activate the iDevices without syncing them and we don’t need to connect then to iTunes. It is expected this utility will soon make some good marks in activating unlocked devices. This will be beneficial to all the users of iphone in outside the countries where it is accessible with a carrier.

It is very easy to do. First of all you have to turn off your iphone and press Sleep/Wake button for a few second till you see the red slide bar. Once it appears then slide it. If the iphone is already off then you need not to do this. Press the home button for 10 seconds and you will see the icon for connect to itune. Connect that to your computer and after that release the button. Open the itune and it will show you that iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. Click on ok and it will let you to iphone pane and there you have to select restore and that will restore that completely.

ive got iphone 3gs and it is stack in recovery mode help