Thread: Is the ATI 5650 in Sony Vaio VPCEA16FG/G deliberately under clocked by SONY to 450mhz?

Is the ATI 5650 in Sony Vaio VPCEA16FG/G deliberately under clocked by SONY to 450mhz?

I want to purchase the gaming laptop. I have thought for the Sony Vaio, but I heard that Sony Vaio is not proper as a gaming system. I also heard that there are many Sony Vaio systems whose ATI card is underclocked. Have anyone has gone with the Sony Vaio Laptop for the gamming purpose, does any of them has received any kind of problem regarding this. Please help me is I should go for the Sony Vaio or not. Any help regarding this issue will be respected. Thanking you.

Re: Is the ATI 5650 in Sony Vaio VPCEA16FG/G deliberately under clocked by SONY to 450mhz?

I am using Sony Vaio VPCEA16FG/G Laptop without any problem. I am using it from last one year, and have played the game from the same Laptop but I didn’t get any kind of such problem. I have played the game of high resolution then also I have not faced any kind of problem with my Sony Vaio VPCEA16FG/G Laptop. I think it good for the gaming.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Re: Is the ATI 5650 in Sony Vaio VPCEA16FG/G deliberately under clocked by SONY to 450mhz?

I have heard that Sony Vaio VPCEA16FG/G Laptop causing the problem of under clocking the ATI is it correct. I don’t think so this is correct because I was being using it for more than three month. I also heard the two problem of Sony Vaio VPCEA16FG/G Laptop.
    • Sony underclocked.
    • Sony offers only old driver

is it true with the Sony Vaio VPCEA16FG/G Laptop.

I have also heard about this problem happening with the Sony Vaio VPCEA16FG/G Laptop. Before taking the Sony Vaio VPCEA16FG/G Laptop I have not heard this problem. Because this week I have had purchase the Sony Vaio VPCEA16FG/G Laptop for my home use. Till yet I have not faced this kind of problem with the Sony Vaio VPCEA16FG/G Laptop during the use of the same Laptop.

It is true, what you have heard about the problem with the Sony Vaio VPCEA16FG/G Laptop it underclocked the ATI, and yes you can clock it back up without any difficulty with AMD GPU Clock Tool. The drivers also aren't a great of a problem as you can bypass the limit by receiving the installer itself rather than the same ATI downloader.

I will suggest you to directly go for the workshop of the Sony Laptop there you will get the exact solution of your problem. Because there are many people fall in the wrong information of the any of the product. I have also gone with the same difficulties while purchasing the Sony Vaio VPCEA16FG/G Laptop for the gaming purpose. But till yet I have not received any problem with my Sony Vaio VPCEA16FG/G Laptop.