Thread: Without cracking it i want to drill a hole in my notebook

Without cracking it i want to drill a hole in my notebook

I am using a Clevo M860TU notebook from the last 1 year. I am facing the issue, that my hard drive gets extremely heated up. This thing is happening constantly and the temperature of my hard drive reaches upto 70C and still ii is working well. Even the plastic on my hard drive is melted. Due to this i want to drill the base plate of my notebook, but one concern i am having that the plastic should not be cracked.

Re: Without cracking it i want to drill a hole in my notebook

What i feel is that you can make a use of a drill bit for making a hole on the plastic of the notebook. It will not bite too hard, do not press it very hard. If further you want to reduce the chances of getting the issue, then you can make use of a dremel with its high speed. You can try this out for making the hole. If you have any further query then reply me back.

As you have told that you are having a notebook with you, so will not have cracking issue if a light pressure is applied to it, because a notebook consist of a soft plastic. Should also keep one thing in mind that you need to use the drill bit at low speed because if the rotation is too high, then it will create much friction which will make the plastic too warm and gooey. Hope you have got the point.

Even i am facing the problem of my hard disk getting heated . I am having a notebook which is 2 years old. I am facing this heating problem from the last 6 months but still have not founded the solution. I referred all the above post and there is advice given for making a hole in the notebook. I am very mush scared to make a hole in my notebook, because it might cause problem to my internal system.

Hello,
    I have founded a metal drill bit for making the hole in my notebook. I think that this should work for you. It is having less rotation as compared to wood bit. I do not understand that should i drill through the plastic straight into wood. Thanks to all for giving the reply till now. What should i do now as i am having no more ideas related with it?

My thanks to all those who have posted their reply. I have gone through all the posts and i founded that all of them were really helpful to me. I tried one of the solutions and i was able to make a hole in the plastic of the notebook. I make use of the drill bit at a low speed which worked for me. All those who are also facing the same problem should try this out.