Thread: Copy messages from Phone memory to Memory card in Nokia 6630

Copy messages from Phone memory to Memory card in Nokia 6630

I am using Nokia 6630. Due to some reason I want to format my phone and I know that If i do so then I will lose all the messages from my phone memory. Many of the message in my phone are very important and I don't want to lose them from my phone therefore I want to move those messages to my memory card so that I will be able to move those message back to my phone after format process. I don't know the procedure to do that therefore I want you people to help me out. Please post your ideas to do the same.
    www.techarena.in

Re: Copy messages from Phone memory to Memory card in Nokia 6630

I think you should use PC suit to do that. Every mobile model has different PC suit for there model and you have to download that from internet. It is available for free. Some of the mobiles gives PC suit CD also along with the whole package of the phone. Take the backup from your phone using the backup utility in PC suit and after doing the format of anything you want, you can again restore that back to your phone.

Hey bro, I don't thing that you need PC suit to do that. I am saying that it will not work, it will also the the thing for you but you can do that without PC suit also. All you need to do is just change memory for the message from phone memory to memory card and after that copy all the messages from your phone memory to external memory. By this way you can save your messages from deleting without using PC suit.

There is a software available on internet with name "active file". This is nothing but a free file browser or we can say a file explorer for nokia phones.
    Download and install it in your mobile. You can use this software to copy c:private to your memory card. After doing that you have to restart the mobile and set the SMS memory to MMC and thats it. Is is done.

First of all you should make sure that SMS memory is located in the phone. For that you have to go to Messages->Settings->Other->Memory->Phone memory. After that you have to go to E:\System\Mail using file explorer and delete the entire directory. Once you are done with go to Messages->....->Memory and select MMC. After that it will prompt you that whether you want to copy the messages to some other location. press yes and browse the location to copy the messages.

Hey I have the solution for you. You have to do a simple setting for that. Just go to Menu > messaging > options > settings > others > memory in use and there you have to select memory card. Once you did that it will ask you that if you want to move the messages to memory card. Press yes but remember that it will ask you this only the first time you go to that and after that you will not able to have option for transferring those back.

Why are you not saving you messages to a text file? There is software available on internet and you can use that to convert the message to a text file. This text file can be viewed using the both, your mobile phone and your computer. The only problem with it is that you will not be able to append that if they are different in phone and MMC.

Here is an easy way to move your messages from Phone Memory to Memory Card or from Memory Card to Phone memory In Nokia models.

1- Install latest version of Nokia PC Suite and connect your set.
    2- Open Nokia Communication Centre. (Select Phone Memory or Memory Card from which you want to move messages to other memory)
    3- Select all messages in a single folder (Inbox/Sent Items or from My Folders) and click on file> export. This will create *.csv file.
    4- Download NBU Explorer 1.8 (You must have installed Windows Installer 3.1 and Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 to run NBU Explorer. You can easily download these from Microsoft Site,)
    5- Open *.csv file in NBU Explorer and click File > Export All. (Your all messages will be exported as *.vmg files.)
    6- Disconnect and connect your phone again in Nokia PC Suite.
    7- Now set your target memory in your phone for messages.
    8- Open Communication Centre and Select your desired folder then click on file > Import messages by selecting multiple messages *.vmg files. (You don’t have to import messages one by one but you can import all messages in a single folder at once)
    9- And you have done it.
    10- You can import *.csv list in Nokia PC Suite rather *.vmg files, but in this case, all the spaces (blank spaces) in your messages will be lost. All the text of your messages will be merged to a single line. So exporting via NBU Explorer is recommended.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 27-10-2010 at 10:49 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.